Cries/chants of "mama" or "mumma" can be heard loud and clear from anywhere and everywhere in the house :). So far, its cute and feels awesome; not sure when it will turn into something else :).
Three letter words are now uttered frequently - banana, nanamaa (instead of naanimaa), nakamo (it means useless fellow in Gujarati), and other gibberish stuff :)
After having explained to her and talking calmly several times, she has realized that getting her teeth n tongue cleaned are a good idea. It's remarkable to see her willing to let me brush her teeth and clean her tongue; before, it used to be the most challenging part of her bath. I often prayed she would not get hurt while fighting it.
She is greeted with smiles and "I love you my jaan" by her caregiver in the morning. Two days in a row, she has gone into her caregiver's arms happily from her mommy. Two days in a row, I have not cried or been terribly upset while driving to work after dropping her to daycare. I don't want to jinx this....you don't either :). Please let this trend continue. It's good for everyone involved.
The day I am alone with the baby all day, she decides to skip her morning nap. She just wants to play and play. But there is some power in holding your baby, looking into her eyes, and whispering softly to her "it's time for some rest betu"....after doing that, she sleeps within 3 minutes. After trying for 4 hours, she takes a 4-hour nap. Great return on investment :)!
My friend A made this comment last weekend: "If in doubt, give more milk" :). She has taken after me in this area....I practically survived on milk alone until I went to Kindergarten.
The curious walker will now walk outside the house if the door is left open. She also is fascinated by the house plants, and often hovers around them. One of these days, she will take a bite, of that I'm sure.
She enjoys spending time in the kitchen while her mommy is cooking. She can turn on the gas stove, open the utensil drawers and bring down the fridge magnets, all in style. Good thing the cabinet under the sink is child proof, so she cannot get to the bad stuff.
She loves her swing (and her pony)....here's a picture of her making one of her zillion cute faces on the swing :)
DAY 6798
8 hours ago


2 comments:
This is so cute!
Treasure these moments; they will never come back. And super cute picture !
Post a Comment