Day 11 Something fun
We just got back from a fun outing to Apple Hill. It's an area filled with fruit orchards, mainly apples. We go here every year to pick berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc) and pears, peaches, cherries, apples. Every year, we have gone with different people....mainly first time visitors. This year also we went with a couple who is one of our close friends, and it was their first trip. The harvest season for apples is late this year, so there were only few farms that were open for apple picking. We picked one and spent some time there. As it happens every year, we enjoyed more in "stealing" the fruit (this year it was blackberries) than the actual fruit picking. Last year, we "stole" cherries from the trees on the side of road and had so much fun discussing our adventure in the car :).
I have been here when I was pregnant, and again when our daughter was 2-3 months old. Today when I took her there, I was nostalgic about the two trips I had made last year. We tried to get her to ride on a pony, but she was not interested. She did play with goats and lamas, and also played with the pony and a doggie for a little bit. She enjoyed walking on the grass at Grandpa's Cellar, where we stopped to have lunch.
Today is Grandparents' Day (just one other Hallmark Holiday) but since the baby has both sets of grandparents visiting, we took the opportunity to click this picture below, which she will cherish for years to come!
3 comments:
I love this! Apple picking with grampas and grandmas! Can this child be any cooler?
I am loving all of your photos! I have intentions of coming over to comment each day, then the day gets away from me.
How lucky for Ruhi to have both sets of grandparents with her!! (And for you too!)
@Vidya - she's got the good life :P
@Deana - Thank you :). No worries about the comments....I'm grateful that you read my blog. And yes we feel blessed to have Ruhi and parents in our lives.
Post a Comment