September 7, 2011

Post #6 30-day Photo Challenge


Day 6 Childhood Memory


Apologies for not being able to post yesterday. I did not forget, however, I slept while putting the baby to sleep, and when I woke up, it was already past midnight, so I thought I will do a post in the morning.

I have many favorite childhood memories. One that comes to my mind is the fantastic summer vacations spent with my cousins.


The picture above is of me, my sister, and 2 cousin sisters on a horse carriage ride at Kamati Baug in Baroda. These two cousins lived in Bihar, and always came to Gujarat during summer vacations to spend time with family. Our moms (sisters) are only a year apart in age, and till today, share a very very close bond. We used to have so much fun together. We used to sleep on the terrace in the open, watch movies, go out on trips, go out for ice cream or gola (shaved ice), wear matching outfits, quarrel, etc etc.


And then their baby brother (youngest among 5 of us) was born. The picture above is of 5 of us. He met with a bad accident when he was 5 yrs old, and had to go through several plastic surgeries to repair his injured hand. All these were done in Ahmedabad where we lived, so he ended up spending close to 6 months every year at our house, and we got very close to him. One day, right after waking up, we both were sitting in the balcony, and this 5 year old tells me "I love you" :). Till date, he gets along better with my sister and I than his own sisters. We meet so less now - 4 of us sisters are married and 2 of us have kids. But when we do meet or talk over conference calls, we have a blast. Just this past Rakshabandhan, we did a conference call between 4 of us and had such a good time remembering the good old times. Cousins Rock!

No comments: