September 7, 2011

Post #7 30-day Photo Challenge



Day7 Something New

I have a crazy few weeks going on at work. We are in hours and hours of review meetings, and I am getting tired of it. There is no time to get actual work done, and things keep piling up. I cannot wait for these reviews to be done and get back to a somewhat normal routine. This also affects my lunch plans on a daily basis, and I end of not being able to go home for lunch.

So basically, I have very little time to do something new. But today, I will go for a run in the evening. I can walk for miles together, but cannot run much. I've been reading the book "Born To Run" to get inspired about running. I also want to try barefoot running and learn to run on the forefoot vs pounding on the heel. A pair of Vibram's would help and I may splurge on them soon :). Until I buy these, I will use my good old Nike's to get into a daily running routine and slowly increase the distance. I will update this post with a picture later today after the run.

Update: So I went for a short run today, followed by a walk with the baby, and we got to watch a beautiful sunset during our walk. I also happened to step on a garden snake...thank God it zipped away into the bushes promptly. However, there was no opportunity to take a picture :(. So here's a motivational picture and quote for you guys as well as me to get inspired about running.

Quote: The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy. It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed - Jacqueline Gareau







3 comments:

Vidya said...

Coolness! Good for you! It is all about discipline and I know you have it!

Vi

Aarti said...

heyyy

Nice to see another person doing the same Tag.. am also doing it this month :))

Shachi said...

@Vidya, Aarti - Thank you :).