Day 23: Smile
Apologies for posting this an hour late. It was a pretty rough day, but it started out well (went for Mommy n Me breakfast at IHOP and got to meet my group), the in-between sucked (big time), but it ended on a high.
Tonite, we went for our first garba of 2011. It was my daughter's very first time going for garba, and I was sooper excited. I dressed her up and got dressed up myself. It was at my school, CSU Sacramento, and the band was also very good. I knew half of the crowd that was there...friends were all over. My husband understands how much I love to do garba, so we had decided that he would leave early and come home with the baby when it was her bed time, and I could stay back and dance the night away :). Things went as planned, and I had an awesome night out dancing with my friends.
My legs are sore...
My feet have blisters.....
My shoulders are aching.....
My mind is numb with the loud music.....
My heart is beating fast.....
But,
I'm relaxed and content.
I had a great workout - I was covered in sweat all over and that has not happened in a while. I'm trying hard to lose the pregnancy weight and this hardcore workout definitely helped towards the cause.
Coming back to the topic of today's post, I saw so many smiles today at Garba. Everyone was happy, everyone was in the mood, everyone was dancing. It was colorful and vibrant. It made me smile from within.
And, my daughter looked ADORABLE in her chaniya choli :). I clicked this picture of her when she was playing with her bandhani dupatta and was smiling at her daddy....the smile combined with the twinkle in her eyes makes it a very special picture for me :)
DAY 6798
7 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment