Day 20: What you read
I've already mentioned the two books that I'm currently reading in the previous posts of this challenge. So books wise, I have nothing new to share.
However, while reading Day 20's topic yesterday, I decided to do something different :). What I read today are my daughter's eyes. The first time, I read them when she woke up. I looked at her, held her head between both my palms, and said "I love you betu". When I dropped her off at daycare, she screamed her head off. So I took her back from the daycare lady for a few moments, locked eyes with her, calmed her down, and told her she will be just fine. She hugged me tight and stopped crying instantly. Of course she cried again when I left, but I got a call from her daycare even before I reached work saying she was happy and playing with other kids.
When I went in the evening, she did not cry. She stared at me, and was slightly angry. But then she gave me a beautiful smile when I picked her up, and then while feeding her milk, she kept smiling at me with her eyes. She now turns her head around from the car seat and watches me drive. Sometimes, at the signal light, I look back, our eyes meet and I say hello to her, and she gets so excited :).
While giving her a bath today, I was talking to her about how my day was, and asking her what she did at daycare. She cannot speak and express, but she listens to me intently. So many times, I read her eyes during bath time and was so content looking at her so happy. Bath time is both of our favorite things to do during the day. I was alone at home with her today evening, and she did not give me a hard time at all. She let me dress her up, drank her last bottle of milk, then hugged me tight and slept within 10 minutes. After she was sound asleep, I was looking at her eyes again. She has gorgeous eyelashes.....I was smelling her hair and skin - babies smell sooooooooo good after a bath.
One can tell so much by looking at a person's eyes. People who know me well can take one look at mine and guess my mood or what's on my mind. As they say, eyes are the mirror of the soul.
The pictures below were clicked on our way to SF last weekend :). Her eyes are so mesmerizing....and her cute little hands n feet have babyness written all over them :).
Playing at the End of Summer
1 day ago




2 comments:
Eyes are the windows to the soul. It is not often that I lock eyes with people and when I do, it is a pretty intense feeling!
When you write about your baby,I actually feel the love, sitting far out here! :D
Loved the twist u gave to the Day 20s topic.....
Post a Comment