Day 13 From a distance
When I read the title for today's post, I could not help but laugh out loud thinking about all the "door se dekha" jokes that we used to crack back home. For folks who don't know hindi, "door se dekha" translates to "seen from a distance".
Here's one of those....
Door se dekha to kuchh dikha nahi......
Dooor se dekhaaa.. to kuchh dikha hi nahi....
Paas jaake dekhaa to kuchh tha hi nahi
And one more....
Door se dekha to Patthar dikhta tha...
Dooor se dekha... to Patthar dikhtaa thaa...
Paas jake dekha to... suchmuch Patthar hi thaa.
LOL!
Another thing which came to my mind while thinking about "from a distance" is mountains. They are so majestic. One of the top 10 reasons I like living in the US is the National Parks. They have made nature so accessible for us. I have been fortunate to visit so many mountain ranges in the US, the most recent one being the Alaskan Mountain Range.
Here's a picture of Mount McKinley in Alaska "from a distance" (view from our BnB patio in Talkeetna).
We saw this mountain from near and far....we even flew very close to it. It's simply breathtaking. It's the crown jewel of the Alaskan Mountain Range. I would love to go back to Alaska and explore some more!
4 comments:
Proximity to the Nature is what I love about the US too!
Vidya
And I remember these "door se dekha" jokes. Baba Sehgal used to sing these too, right?!
Loved the PJs..........those days.
@Vidya - yes I remember :)
@Kunal - :)
Post a Comment