September 22, 2011

Post #22 30-day Photo Challenge

Day22: Trees

Palm-tree lined beaches - one of my most favorite sights!

Giant Sequoias at Mariposa Grove, Yosemite National Park - Fantastic!

The towering Redwoods, Redwood National Park - Amazing!

The Lone Cypress at 17 Mile Drive, Monterey - such a delight!

The good old Banyan Tree - I used to swing holding the roots of the banyan when I was young. There is a beautiful banyan tree in Maui in Lahaina which was brought from India and is a center meeting point in the town.

Today, I went to a local elementary school to meet my PC Pal for the year (as part of the Intel PC Pal volunteering program) and I had lunch with 2 pals under a huge OAK tree. Even though it was pretty warm outside, it was cool and shaded under the tree, and I had a wonderful time chatting with the girls.

The pictures below are taken outside the California Academy of Sciences, SFO. It is located within the Golden Gate Park. If you have not visited yet and live in the area, I highly recommend this place. We were only able to cover the rain-forest dome in the few hours that we spent there, but it was fascinating. The area outside the academy is covered with these bare trees, mixed with some palm trees. There was an art exhibit on display, a guy playing flute and kids playing near the fountain on a fun, sunny but chilly morning - it was sure an inviting place.




No comments: