Day 8 Technology
Being a techie and a geek, this is my favorite :). Technology has evolved so much and made so many advances in just the last decade. I've been at Intel Corporation for close to 11 years now, and even if I just look at how much progress our company has made, it's phenomenal. Blazing fast Internet, Tablets, PCs, iPODs, smartphones, DSLR's, etc etc....these things have made our lives so much better and easier.
When I first came to the US in 2000, my family and I used this service called Navinmail, where I left a voicemail using a local Sacramento number which could be retrieved by my parents in India using a local number there. They could also leave a voicemail for me which I could retrieve by making a local call. International calling was very expensive, and so we could leave long long voicemails to update each other with all the details that we could not share over the phone. Now, it's almost free to make calls, and people can talk for hours without worrying about the cost.
However, I think the iPhone has been the most revolutionary thing that I have used in this last decade. I can say that I'm addicted to it....although not to an extent that I can't live without it. I use it for everything - checking email, browsing, playing music, watching videos, playing games, getting maps/directions, checking traffic, online shopping, buying groupons, checking the weather and stock market, following the tennis grand slams, clicking pictures, and so much more. It is the one thing I carry everywhere I go, apart from the keys and purse. If I am not driving, I don't even need the keys/purse so just the iPhone is enough. I have saved money by browsing for coupons at the store countless number of times. I have helped many friends with things they need. My daughter loved to "track" the iPhone from left to right and vice versa since she was very little. She also loves to watch her favorite videos on the iPhone and it is a blessing to have when we are traveling by car. I could go on and on....but lastly, I love how sleek it looks, and how sturdy the build is.
Here is a picture of my iPhone screen, which has my daughter's picture as a background :).
No comments:
Post a Comment