September 15, 2011

Post #15 30-day Photo Challenge


Day 15 My Shoes


This is a boring topic. I am not a shoe person at all. I have some friends who buy matching shoes for all their outfits...and I wonder how can they spend so much on footwear. Eh, but that's just me.

Currently, I am in love with my Chaco's. I wear them every day, and have even worn them to the gym sometimes, when I know I am going to do just weights or exercises on the machines. They provide great grip when I am outdoors, and can be washed very easily.


Now Chaco's are usually pretty expensive. But one of my close friends told me about the REI used gear sale, which happens once a year (or maybe twice). Last year, with a 3-month baby in tow, we went to check it out. The sale is very crowded and you can get good stuff only if you are lucky enough to get in fairly early. They allow people in batches after the store opens, and who they allow is decided based upon the ticket number you received while waiting in line. Our ticket numbers were not among the first, but a sooper nice lady who came by herself told us that she would take one of us in with her if her number was called out before ours. Sure enough, that happened, and I went in early, and grabbed these for $15 :). Ain't that a GREAT deal? I got a pair for mom as well, and few other bargains.

These were actually not even used; they were new, but were returned by someone. After coming home, we thoroughly cleaned & sanitized them, then washed them and left them to air dry.

That's the little story behind my Chaco's :). My mom and dad both have a pair, and that's the only pair of shoes they carry wherever they travel. I'm planning to buy one for hubby for his birthday this year :).

Today's post brings us to the halfway mark of this marathon - YAY!!!!

Something sooper cool happened today: my daughter walked (kind of ran) towards me and looked at me in the eyes, and said "mamma". She has been saying mamma since months now, but she rarely associates me with the word mamma. She knows for sure, but she cannot express it well enough. Today, it was loud and clear :). My heart skipped a beat and then I scooped her up into my arms :).

1 comment:

Vidya said...

That is a great post, Mamma!