Day 17 On the shelf
Here's a glimpse of my book shelf....Ruhi loves to browse through books, and she had brought down all these books from the shelf in less than 5 mins while I was folding away her laundry.
On the floor, we have Greg Mortenson's Stones Into Schools, William Dalrymple's Nine Lives, The Holy Geeta, Rowing the Atlantic by Roz Savage, Journey of a Hope Merchant by Neal Peterson - and on the shelf, we have iCON by Steve Jobs, some Chetan Bhagat, some Paulo Coelho, some V.S.Naipaul, Lord of the Rings and a few cooking books.
As you must have observed, I don't read much fiction. I like true stories, and books on Adventure. I have had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the above authors - Roz Savage and Neal Peterson. Roz is currently rowing the Indian Ocean solo, and I follow her journey through her
blog. I loved her book.
Currently, I am reading "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall and "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. Both are quite good and interesting so far.
Have you read any of these books? What are you currently reading?
Today's musings:
I met a friend today for a couple of hours. She lives in downtown SF and I've been wanting to visit her place since quite some time. She just moved into a new studio apartment, and her place is so cute. I quite liked it. She made a wonderful banana+nutella crepe for me, followed by Indian style coffee - it was AWESOME. Just what I needed after dropping mom-dad off at the airport, to shake off the sad mood. We had a great conversation, and she got to meet n spend time with our baby as well :). We made plans to spend a weekend at her place sometime soon :).
I got to watch a wonderful sunset over the bay while driving home. I clicked a couple of pictures after the sun went down...will have to download and see how they turn out, since they were clicked from behind the tinted windows in the moving car.
6 comments:
So, you are combining today's post with today's musings eh?! :)
That is funny! And what is funnier is how what is on your shelf is really not what is on your shelf!
You know, I too collect fridge magnets and I too am a proud collector! Isn't this cool?
Vidya
By the way, I am reading the "The four agreements" and I love it. This is in line with my Self development. These are the kind of books that I read these days! With the advent of iPad in my life, I hope to read more! :D
Vidya
You did say she is a reader ... and it seems
she also is intrigued by Three Cups of Tea
... just as her mom was :))
Been following your blog, first time posting here. There is a similar pic of my brother, when he was 2 years old :)
@Vidya - since I am writing everyday, why not jot down the things that made me happy too :)? I bought the kindle but hardly use it.
@Andy - If I want one thing for her to inherit from me, it would be reading :)
@The Mad Jammer - welcome to my blog :). Its sooper cool to see babies enjoying books.
Ur daugther seems to be on her way to becoming an avid reader like u are :)
Truly, Reading is one of the best things to pass it on to ur kids.
Post a Comment