July 29, 2013

UBM Post 29 - Never a dull moment in life

This crawling madness was happening last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zxPE82sM0

I only recorded parts of it. They went on like this for half an hour. And prior to that, they were doing 'masti' on the bed.
*********************************************************************************
And today, it is the beginning of the "End of the crawling era" in our household. Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ9qgXx830

As soon as the son woke up, he wandered over to the play room, found this walker himself, and just went with it. When we asked him to take a break, he started crying. As soon as he woke up from his nap, he was walking with it again. He didn't even want to finish his bottle of milk...he just wanted to walk, walk, walk! I told the daughter while driving back home from her school that Rusham has an early birthday surprise for you, and when we reached home, I asked him to demo it for her. She was absolutely thrilled! She kept saying "oh mumma Rusham become a big boy now, he is so tall, he is walking so fast, I go on walk with him mumma" - such a proud moment for all of us!!!!

*********************************************************************************

A few days ago, we had just returned from the grocery store, and were still in the garage unloading the car. The daughter saw one of her neighborhood friends walking by with his dad, and asked him to come over to play with her. They stopped by, and all of us were chatting. Suddenly, she went behind me, smelt my bum, and said "mumma, your bum is smelling so bad. Not good mumma. Go wipe your bum and change your clothes". Jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! And to think of it - I had showered just before leaving to the grocery store....I guess this is just the beginning of facing several such embarrassing situations {eyes roll}!!!!

*********************************************************************************

I had a great time chatting with several of our neighbors today. A couple of them came home, and it felt so good. I also took the daughter out in the evening for riding her plasma car, and yapped with two other neighbors. And I got to play with our neighbors' daughter E who is 6 months old - she has such pretty blue eyes and a 1000-watt smile - love her! These chats with friends helped me forget the drab Sunday that I had.

*********************************************************************************

This is an exciting week - the daughter turns TH-REEEEE on Thursday! She is celebrating her birthday in school tomorrow, so we got cupcakes for all her friends today, and also gift wrapped books that we are giving as gifts (I never give plastic junk). She is VERY excited. 

She has already received a few presents. One of them was a baby doll pretend play set, complete with the doll's walker, crib, high chair tray, food, milk bottle, pacifier, teether, etc.....the doll can cry, laugh and babble....she has been in love with her. She plays with her baby (who we have named Aria) all day. She even found a mamma and pappa for her baby doll from the house, so now they are a complete family.

Later this week, we are taking a short vacation, and gifting her a trip to visit her favorite Mickey :)!

*********************************************************************************

And to end the day, I chanced upon this fabulous piece of news (please do read):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201554618288320&set=a.10201554618208318.1073741828.1263248477&type=1

What an inspiring story....totally made my day! More power and more luck to these precious kiddos!

3 comments:

Ramesh said...

Aha, the You Tube videos are adding colour to your posts, although the posts even by themselves are evocative.

Thanks for the link on the Gasteiz Cup. I had no idea of this and there was no report in the Indian press. Given how bad we are in football, a success by the women's team in any forum is wonderful. More power to the girls.

Unknown said...

It's so lovely to watch these videos full of fun and laughter :) My b'day wishes to Ruhi!

Have a blast at your mini vacation :)

Shachi said...

@Ramesh - Thanks! Sometimes only videos will convey the sentiment.

Gasteiz cup - aah, I feel good that I shared something on these lines that you didn't already know :)....came to know from FB by the way :D :D!

@Bhavika - Thank you. It's a lot of hassle prior to leaving for any trip, but once we get there, I'm sure we will enjoy.