July 26, 2013

UBM Post 26 - Just a phone call away


Sharing our daily routine with each other
Was something we always looked forward to
For anything happy, sad, fun, exciting
I was just a phone call away

Whether it was a weekend meet-up
Or planning an adventure
For discussing all the little details
I was just a phone call away

We argued, we fought
We agreed to disagree and move on
For resolving all our conflicts
I was just a phone call away

During illness or injury
During mood swings n lows
To vent out and feel better
I was just a phone call away

We truly loved each other
We genuinely cared for each other
To express these emotions
I was just a phone call away

Gone are those phone calls
Gone is that bond
Only memories remain
To cherish along

Now its email and FaceBook
For all communication
It hurts, I wonder what changed
Although, I’m still just a phone call away!

3 comments:

Ramesh said...

Tring Tring - I am calling you !

A physical meeting is best,
If not, maybe a phone call,
If not, maybe an email
Its at least better than nothing ...

Unknown said...

Awww!! Can completely relate to it.. I also wonder... don't know what has changed even when I'm just phone call away! Have to accept.. times change.. people change! Seems like gone are the days of friends "forever" ..

Shachi said...

@Ramesh - please call sometime. Physical meetings may not be possible but phone calls (over emails) can be made anytime, anywhere.

Love your verse too :).

@Bhavika - I had scribbled this on paper a while back....yes, I don't believe in forever friendships anymore.