The joy of having an almost 3 year old who loves to chat non-stop, and showers you with compliments throughout the day through her out-of-this-world observations is unparalleled!
On Sunday, we got dressed up to go to a birthday party of an adorable 2-year old. I had picked up a new pair of shoes (black ballet flats from Kenneth Cole) on Saturday and wore them for the party. As soon as we entered the garage to leave and I put on the new shoes, she says "Mumma such cute shoes - I like it soooooooo much" :)! {I told my hubby, see, I don't really miss your lack of verbal appreciation these days :)}
Today morning, at school dropoff, I had to convey something important to the teacher in the 2 mins I get before saying bye. The daughter thought I'm going to leave without giving her a hug so she promptly interrupted my conversation with her teacher and said "Mumma I'm going to miss you soooooooooo much. You come pick me up at 12 O'clock....I'll be waiting for you" - awwwww awwwww my darling, I wish I never had to leave her anywhere :)!
Every morning, she will announce "Rusham is my bhailu. I love him sooooooooooo much. I share all my toys with Rusham." - Even if the statement only holds true for the next 5 minutes, I like the fact that she thinks about him positively every morning and actually, cherishes his presence in our lives. She is also possessive about him and ensures we don't leave him with anyone if we are out and about. The hitting still continues due to her terrible mood swings, but the good times last much longer these days, and things are definitely getting better, not worse, so that makes me very hopeful for the future :)!
I have an iPal - it's a speaker set in the shape of an Intel bunny.....it was lying dormant in the house for a long time, and hubby brought it back to life couple days ago. The daughter's favorite thing to do before bedtime now is to plug the iphone to the iPal and listen to music. Today, she kept asking me, "mumma where is the pleasure? I need my pleasure" and I had no idea what she wanted. Then she brought the iphone and asked me "mumma I put phone to pleasure and listen to song" - that's when my tubelight turned on and I asked hubby to get her iPal for her. And now the funny part - she says, "mumma see when I put iphone on iPal, it farts" - LOL! Sure enough, there was a loud static noise when she connected the two and sounded like farting :)....she did it a few more times to give us some good laughs!
Pretend play is at its peak. She tied mom's dupatta around her in such a way that she had a tail, and pretended to be a monkey hopping around. While eating fryums, she will bite them to create different shapes and make a game out of them. Her three favorite plush toys - pocoyo, dolly and baby - are always with her, she being their mumma. Baby is always sleeping so we are instructed several times to talk softly :). Much to our delight, she has now started to sleep on her own toddler bed (which we have setup right next to our master bed, as an extension) with all her babies :). She was on a long walk with us the other day and was trying to figure out shapes from the runoff of the water sprinklers (as I said earlier, her observations are bang on). She also checks for the sun and moon everyday, and tells me that she sees a rabbit on the moon (do most of us see a rabbit? I always did since I was her age...and I find it fascinating that she has the same observation).
Here is a collage of my sweetie pie from this weekend's outing....some walking, some dancing, some goofing around with the monster mask, and a new type of smile exclaiming surprise!
And what about the son? Well, for me, he is my calm in the storm. My peace in my busyness. My gentle soul, who is soooooooooooooooo chubbylicious that I feel like gobbling him up the moment I see him! I am his most favorite person, how I lurrrrve that. Today, he had the patience to let me finish reading an entire book to him - this has never happened before...hopefully a good trend is emerging :)!
On the weekend, he got fed up at the party coz he could not crawl. As soon as we got back home, he went to one of his favorite spots in the house - the play kitchen, and started throwing things from the sink to the floor, eating some, pushing some, crawling around....and simply enjoying himself.
He's 10 months old already.....less than 2 months to a YEAR - where has the time gone? Can't wait for hubby's leave to start in a couple of weeks and taking things slowly until his birthday!!!!
And while we are at it, here's a little something I sent to hubby today morning via email.....
His response - a hindi song....can you guess which one :)?
DAY 6798
7 hours ago




2 comments:
Clueless on films, but if you send photos like this to him when he's at work, not much work is going to get done !!!
Little Miss is at the most delightful of ages. Terrible twos has also got another side - the most adorable twos. In her own lingo, she's sooooooooooooooo sweet.
@Ramesh - those early days of dating n dreaming about each other all day are looooooooooong gone! {sigh}
I'm trying to only remember the terrific two's, not the terrible!
Post a Comment