***********We did it, We did it, Oh Yay Yay Yay*********** {happy dance}
This is what the daughter and I sing when we accomplish something :).
I'm so proud of myself for sticking through this blog marathon.....it was tough. I think Day 18-20 were the toughest, and once I crossed over the hump, I could see the finish line :).
There is a lot more that I wanted to blog about - book recommendations, the daughter's music preferences (from Kishore Kumar to Pink), movies that I love, some more travel musings, observations at various public places, pictures, volunteering activities that I am still able to do to help the ones in need, etc etc.
But as I review all the posts, I see that at this moment in my life, I enjoy the present, the now - more than anything else. Every single day, I look forward to the new stuff that the kids do, the milestones, the conversations, their bonding.....and I quite enjoy living in this phase.
I also know that I am terrible at writing fiction. Terrible at making something sound dramatic or poetic through my words. I like to say how it is, straight and simple. I think years of working as a techie has this effect on you. I probably need to exercise my right brain much more often, and with kids, I have ample opportunity to do so. I'm also considering doing a creative writing online course from somewhere - do you have any recommendations?
One thing I can do: I promise to continue posting more regularly. I quite enjoy blogging about motherhood (yes, I don't mind being one of the zillion mommy bloggers out there).
Hope you enjoyed whatever I wrote....and thank you to Ramesh, Andy, Sriram, SK, Bhavika, JS, and many more of you who read all the posts and commented on them too.
I will do a post for the daughter's birthday soon, so stay tuned :)!
Now, off to Disney with the familia!!!!
Playing at the End of Summer
1 day ago


8 comments:
YAYAYAYAYAYAY
Three cheers to you. Its tough enough to just blog, incredibly tough to do a marathon and simply mind boggling when you are a working mother with two small kids and juggling a million things. Bravo. Take a bow.
See - you have a lots of more things to blog about. So when a marathon is started, why stop - Go on to do a double marathon !! Just kidding. Take a break. Enjoy Disney. Come back and blog when you wish. We enjoy what you blog about and much appreciate the opportunity to watch the Rs grow.
I leave you with the immortal from Cliff Richards - this was specially sent to you by the young gentleman as recompense for Post 28.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TTk55YFIwI
Agree with ramesh's words in first paragraph. Taking up a challenge requires lot of commitment, creativity and dedication especially with two little kids, a job and work at home. Two thumbs up!
I would think that being a mother itself is a marathon in life.
Working full time is a marathon of its own.
Living is one heck of a marathon.
A blogging marathon on top of all these? Oh, in addition to that fitness boot-camp? Running, and push-ups and jumping around?
Way to go, ma'am!!!!
I am getting back to bed ;)
Yes ... very good blogwork ... and I, for one,
want to see some of your creative writing :)
BTW Happy Birthday to Ruhi
Yay !! Congrats !! You did it..
You didnt miss even a day..well done.
Happy Birthday Ruhi !!! Wish you more smiles and love for you. Her smile is really cute esp. the ones you put when she sees ice cream :) real and genuine.
Awesome!!!!
Creative writing courses - I was just looking into Stanford courses.
https://continuingstudies.stanford.edu/courses/writersstudio.php
I have had good recommendations for these courses.
Happy Birthday to R Sr, time just flies, before you know it they will be off to school! :--)
@Ramesh - Thank you so much :). Still no apology from the man but I've moved on :).
Love that song....thank you!
The Disney trip was soooooooooo good.
@Asha - Thank you so much. I need to call you up one of these days. Hubby is on leave this month so hope to make time for it.
@Sriram - 'tis the age to do it all :). Quite enjoying it. Thank you so much :).
@Andy - Thanks! Miss R is awaiting your return eagerly :)
@JS - Thank you. She has a wonderful smile :). She is in love with LA!
@SK - Thank you. I have looked into the Stanford classes. Are you planning to take them? Would love some company.
Thanks you for the birthday wishes....she had a great long weekend in LA!
Post a Comment