How was your Saturday? Mine was sooper productive. And nostalgic!
I spent most of my day in the home office. I had a ton of mails to clear...most of them junk. Lots of shredding needed to be done. I wonder why no one sends any useful mails these days. (Ramesh, I read your latest blog post while doing this and was nodding all the way :)). Anyway, I found a rebate check worth ~$250 as the only useful thing from all the junk....and one amazing mother's day card which you can see at the end of the post :).
I then moved on to clean the office room and closet. There are a couple of pieces of furniture that we want to get rid of, and now that we have overhead storage in the garage, many things from the closet could be moved, so we did all the shuffling. While doing that, I found a small box in the closet full of cards that people (family, friends, colleagues) have given me through the years. I spent some time reading a few of them. One was from hubby to me from the time we were dating....he had written such nice things for me (it was almost like a letter but inside a card) so I made him read it too and asked him, 'where has all the love you, miss you, gone'? This is what he said :)
I also found a few albums of old pictures...from the pre-digital film era....most of them were hilarious :)....brought back soooooooooo many memories of my student life and my single life - I miss those days a lot!
Took a few iphone pictures of the photos to share (quality of pics is not that great).....
This was at someone's graduation....checkout those bangs - gosh, I remember interviewing for my current position with this awful hairstyle.....my hiring manager must have laughed his head off....
This one is tubing at Poconos in New Jersey - can you see the person walking on the left? That's my friend H who fell down from his tube and had to walk all the way down the slope - we made sooooo much fun of him that day :)
This one is volunteering for 'habitat for humanity'.....spent a couple of days renovating a house in downtown Sac....
Check out the hazel lenses in the picture below - I used to wear hazel, green and blue color lenses....
And just one of the garba outfits.....I loved dressing up and dancing through the night....still do....












3 comments:
I am sure not much clearing took place and instead you sat on the floor and rummaged through the memories. And LOL at the cartoon - I am absolutely sure the gentleman said nothing of that sort, but still .......
By the way, can you make a post about the art of getting younger with age. You look exactly the same as the photos of you as a kiddo :)
super duper pics !!
@Ramesh - partly true...but you see, mum was supervising with her invisible stick, and did not let us waste all the time :).
Look at my chubby cheeks now - wish they would tone down a bit :(
@JS - sooper fun...thanks!
Post a Comment