And here we are, on the last day of September!
It has felt like an extension of summer, at least in Northern California!
And all things considered, I can say I’ve had another good month.
I’ve continued to struggle with my mental health this month. My parents’ trip to the US had to be postponed to late October because my dad met with an accident, so that really messed me up. But since this post is about Glimmers, let’s focus on those, shall we?
Thankfully I have plenty of those to share with you!
The big highlight of this month was my babie boy turning 14! He started a paid job on his birthday, and the day after he had a big celebration with his cousins and friends!!
This month was also filled with lots of visits from friends. Chicago, Southern California, Tennessee. I felt wonderful hosting everyone in our new abode, and each of them helped me out with so many things around the house.
I managed to get out of the house and socialize quite a bit as well. Janmashtami puja, Ganesh Chaturthi, Garba, Shreya Ghoshal concert, lunches with my girlfriends, coffee with a former colleague. Parts of it still feel overwhelming and awkward, but I feel that I’m slowly starting to enjoy these outings and don’t feel too much anxiety or pressure.
A lot of work happened in my garden. I already put up a couple posts on it so will not repeat it here, but that’s certainly been a big glimmer this month for me. I enjoy our outdoor space immensely, and we took full advantage of it this month.
We’ve continued to have amazing sunsets as well as moonrises. Pictures don’t really do justice, especially to the beauty of the rising moon. It’s been spectacular.
Another glimmer in September has been reconnecting with a close friend of mine after a significant period of silence between us. I’ve realized how much I need a good circle of close friends around me during this phase of life, and being able to reconnect has brought me a huge sense of relief.
And last but not the least - I got an in-person refresher session from my meditation coach and did a long deep meditation with her today. I had been feeling stuck and was unable to meditate regularly. Something unlocked within me today - and now I look forward to my daily meditation practice to resume!
The school year and activities have ramped up and are in full swing. The home projects are also in full swing. The last quarter of each year is always sooper packed - Navratri, Halloween, Diwali, family birthdays, Christmas, New Year’s Eve - before we know it, 2027 will be here!
Sameer is missed - in every little thing we experience or accomplish. But this month, I’ve constantly felt his presence around us, especially in our backyard! And somehow, that has brought me a lot of peace!
Isn’t that what glimmers are? Little reminders that even when life feels heavy, there is still joy, connection, beauty, and love quietly finding their way in!
I’m carrying all of those with me into October 🎃
Adios September!!













1 comment:
Wonderful glimmers. So glad for all the good things that are there for you.
October will be even nicer, with your parents coming sometime. And then Diwali (and New year for you). All the lights will, I hope, dispel some of the darkness mentally.
Nice garba outfit !
Post a Comment