September 1, 2026

Let the ‘ber months begin….

Aah! September!! 

Let’s make it one to remember ❤️

I used to dread the beginning of the ‘ber months when I migrated to this country. Seasonal depression would hit me. And I would miss my family like crazy. 

Over time, especially after the birth of my children, I’ve come to love these fall/winter months. Celebrating holidays with the kids is a highlight every year. Fall walks make me happy. For California, a majority of the big races happen in fall, and training for them is in full swing by now. I used to love my early morning runs this time of the year when I was a runner. 

It’s a crisp fall-like morning here today for us - cloudy, slightly chilly, breezy, giving us a respite from a stretch of several hot August days! 

Although, on the personal front, I’ve been struggling with my sleep. The entire month of August I’ve had poor sleep. And it’s not sustainable for me. I also haven’t been able to find a morning, bedtime, exercise or meditation routine for myself. It feels like chaos each day. I’m winging it on the fly and it’s not working out very well. 

So my first priority is to fix my sleep issues and daily habits. I need to put some sort of a routine in place for myself, and try my level best to stick to it. I had my therapist session today — I have been on the verge of being prescribed medications to handle my anxiety, depression, panic attacks and sleep. It feels like a failure. And I’m going to give my darndest best shot to improve without medication. Wish me luck please! (And any tips are welcome as well) 🫂

So here’s to a September with::

Cooler mornings

Long walks

Hyrox training 

A few habit anchors through each day 

Farmers’ Markets

All things pumpkin 🎃 and orange 🍊 

Sleeping a little better

Writing ✍️ daily

Making time for art

Being intentional

Making the most of this unexpected new chapter in life

Waking up rested, staying joyful through the day, and going to bed feeling grateful 


September, October, November, December — let the ‘ber months begin 🧡




1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Lot's of Good Luck wishes. May you post on 1 October saying you are sleeping too much !

By the way, what do you mean "when I was a runner" ?? Once a runner, always a runner. Get back. That's an order !!!:):)