August 26, 2026

Sweat. Freeze. Rinse. Repeat!

Hot Pool…..

Steam….

Rinse….

Cold Plunge….

Hot pool….

Sauna…..

Rinse…..

Cold Plunge…..

Repeat ❤️



I went to a bath house today. 

I had bookmarked this place — Asha Urban Baths Folsom — a long time ago. A bit bittersweet, but I had always wanted to come here with Sameer for a date.

Earlier this summer, I gifted a 2-hour bath house session to a dear friend for her 60th birthday. She suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis and I wanted to gift something restorative and relaxing. She had asked me back then if I would accompany her. It took a few weeks, but we made it happen today.

It was JUST the kind of mid-week reset that my body and mind needed. 

No phones, no screens, no talking, no music allowed. 

Basically, they temporarily removed every possible way for my anxious brain to get into trouble 🤣!

When you are sweating profusely in the sauna, or counting down each second in the cold plunge with every nerve on fire, your brain is forced to be in the moment. In the present. You don’t really have a choice but to completely forget everything else during that time.

Repeating the routine a few times is surprisingly tiring. I eventually crashed for a solid 25 min nap, followed by some quiet reading.

I picked up “Ikigai” and read about 60 pages. And now I can’t wait to re-read the entire book in one sitting.

And then there was the cold plunge. Always intimidating.

First plunge :: 45 seconds

Second plunge :: 57 seconds.

My friend was already doing 3-4 minutes by her second plunge.

So I braced myself for the discomfort and lasted a full 4 minutes for my third plunge.

And I finished my last plunge at 4.5 minutes - so so proud of myself!!

Just for reference:
Cold plunge ::  ~50F
Hot pool::  ~105F
Steam room ::  ~110-120F
Cedar wood sauna ::  ~185-195F

I truly felt I had escaped for a getaway and returned. 

2-3 hours. In Folsom. No hotel. No flight. No advance reservation. No packing. 

I’ll take it ❤️

Which obviously means I now have to find time to check-in here regularly.

They also have a Himalayan salt lounge and Sound Immersion room. As well as massage therapists for all kinds of body work. I’m looking forward to trying one of those next time.




PS:: Today started bright and early with my weekly Wednesday AM visit to the farmers’ market to stock up on my vibrant fruits, veggies, and microgreens…..LOOK at that haul 🌱!







1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Everything sounds wonderful, except spending 4 minutes in 10 deg C water (no, I will not use F !!). Brrrrr; that's cold. Well, I then read 90 deg C sauna room . Ouch ! I think I will stay with Himalayan salt lounge and the massage therapists please :)