August 17, 2026

The view before everything changed….

 

April 19, 2025. Sitting on a threshold. Fujikawaguchiko, Japan!

It was the most gorgeous day!!

Peak cherry blossoms 🌸 everywhere, Mt. Fuji in full view, and the three of us soaking it all in ❤️

Little did I know how completely my life was going to flip upside down just a few hours later.

Fast forward to today.

It has been nearly 16 months since then.

On April 19, 2025 — Sameer passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly. He was on his way back from India to SFO and died in-flight due to a pulmonary embolism. 

His dad passed away a year later. Sudden cardiac arrest at home, while on a call with Sameer’s siblings.

I sold our home in August 2026. A place where we had built 17 years of precious memories. Our first home together, where both our children were born and we grew as a family. 

And I quit my job at Intel after almost 26 years. My last day at Intel was this past Saturday. 

August 15, 2026 - India’s 80th Independence Day. Freedom for me too - from the 8 to 5 corporate grind. At least for a little while. 

Work. Home. Family.

Three identities.
Three anchors.
Three pillars of existence.

All gone. Like a whoosh. 

It feels very unnerving. To say the least.

And yet, there is no rest for the weary.

A never ending to-do list. 

There are teens to raise. A new home to settle into. Paperwork. Finances. Appointments. Activities. Meals. Errands. Chores. Decisions. Responsibilities. 

And perhaps a second career stint. 

A life that somehow keeps demanding to be lived even while you’re trying to understand what just happened to the old one.

Somehow. Someday.

I’m hoping I find some peace soon.

Some downtime.

Some stability.

Joy in a new normal.

And a way to move forward while carrying Sameer with us.

Till then, I carry on.

And hope. ❤️




1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Thank you for posting.

This amount of change is way too much for any person. Humans are not wired to take such rapid change. Way too tough for you.

Hope you find a second career that hass a reasonable balance although these days working life has become metaphorically worse than what slaves used to be put through in ancient times.

Wishing you much peace in the coming months and years.