July 5, 2013

UBM Post 5 - RnR

When asked by a friend how the kids are getting along lately, this was my response:

"tu mujhse saha nahi jaata, par tere bina raha bhi nahi jaata"

and if you don't know Hindi, it roughly translates to - "I can't stand you, neither can I live without you" :)!!!

I conveniently choose to forget the not-getting-along moments, the hitting, the jealousy and the various sibling-related tantrums.

And look forward to the wonderful moments that I get to witness several times each day - the best being this special laughter that the baby has reserved exclusively for his big sister....when she chuckles or comes to tickle him or when he spots her after a while...he bursts out laughing, and I have never seen him do that to me or his dad or his grandparents.

Here are a few pictures of both.....

As soon as one wakes up, he/she wakes up the other one. And we all spend a few mins in bed together. And those are some of the best moments of the day. There's hugs, kisses, laughter and singing-music involved.



There is lots of crawling going on in the house. All the time :). I'll be very sad when the crawling phase comes to an end -  its my favorite milestone!







Both kids love books over toys. I could not be happier!!!!





Big sister also likes to feed her little brother - we just need to be careful what she puts in his mouth....



They both also like to sing - and can be found belting out tunes in the backyard.....



And last but not the least, they love their wagon rides around the neighborhood in the evening....this wagon is a hand-me-down from our close friend/neighbor V and it is very old (25+ yrs?). It has a charm of its own. I'm glad we are getting to use it, and can't wait to pass it on to another family once we are done.


Ain't they both very cute and adorable and huggable and lovable :)?

PS: If you want to see some videos too, I will post them here. Especially the one with R Jr.'s laughter.

6 comments:

vaidehi said...

Precious moments with kids !!!

Ramesh said...

Move over Mom. Its very obvious that the big sister takes the best care of the little brother :) That includes the occasional whack - she still belongs to the old word school of parenting :):)

Shachi said...

@Vaidehi - Thank you!
@Ramesh - she does. We just got back from a trip and she was amazing. I love her. Regarding the whack....I have to painfully admit that I sometimes (very very rarely) do it with her (but gently) and she may be taking cues from mom's behavior. So I need to role model!

Deana said...

Great moments you've captured! They are both so adorable!

Bhavika said...

R Jr., is REALLY REALLY CUTE! I love his smile :) It's nice to read these posts about kids and their behavior because all the time I've heard parents cribbing about baby's tantrums and how it's so tiring and painful and what not, to have a kid around. Your posts are welcome change! :)

Kavs said...

Hi Shachi! I stumbled upon your blog from Shruthi's. I'm a new mom and it was lovely to read your posts and see your sweet kids. Reading abt preschool and leaving children at daycare reduced me to tears. I know mommy hormones are on an overdrive here. :)