July 27, 2010

Day 6 - Seven Days of Positivity

Only two more days to this experiment - I think I will miss writing these things down after tomorrow :)

Today turned out to be another busy day.....not physically exhausting but tiring nonetheless.....

However, focusing on the positive these days is helping me forget the not-so-good moments very easily.....so try this experiment for yourself and see how well it works :)

So let's dive into today's happy/grateful moments:

- I woke up with a friend's phone call.....he doesn't realize but a few amazing things he said will stay with me forever. The entire conversation was not a happy one, however, I choose to only remember the positive :).

- Afternoon outing with dad - I took him for his first haircut outside India today...it was fun :) and then we went to Costco where we found clip-ons for his glasses....they fit very well and he is happy about it. Feels wonderful to be able to do such small things for him and with him.

- Dinner tonite - Mom made one of my favorites - Undhiyu today.....Dad and I helped her in the kitchen all afternoon....although she did a major chunk of the work. It was oober-delicious! And the three of us had a fun time prepping up!

- The cool weather - After several hot ~100F days, it was extremely pleasant all day today. We had the patio door and windows open all day.....California weather is such a blessing!

- Massage - Got another wonderful foot massage and a little bit of shoulder massage from hubby....it helps me sleep a LOT better at night.....and am very grateful that he offers to do it every single day.

Do make it a point to sleep with a happy thought in your mind! It truly does make a difference!

No comments: