I felt great yesterday after writing about the 5 things that made me happy/grateful.
Today has been another good day. I feel extremely relaxed staying at home with mom and dad. A full time corporate job is indeed stressful, no matter how much you enjoy your work.
So here goes today's list:
- I am grateful for not having to go to work today. I could not sleep at all last night. At around 6am, I changed positions and finally went to sleep...I woke up only at 10am. It felt great. I got much needed rest which I would be deprived of if I had to leave for work at 8am.
- Mom's cooking - My mom is an excellent cook, and I feel blessed to be able to enjoy homemade meals prepared by her these days :). Lunch today was my favorite.
- Making Quinoa Upma with mom - I always try to cook Indian style dishes with ingredients that are locally available in the US but not in India. Today, mom and me tried making upma with Quinoa grain...it turned out good. Quinoa has a very high protein content and contains a balanced set of essential amino acids, making it an unusually complete protein source among plant foods. You can read more on the wiki link or google.
- Watching Despicable Me in 3D - I love animation movies :). We had a free movie day at work today. The entire theatre was reserved for Intel employees to go watch any movie of their choice, and I watched Despicable Me in 3D. I loved the ending of the movie, and Margo, Edith, Agnes were oh-so-cute :)
- Evening walk - The weather is so nice after 9pm when we all go for a walk around the community. There was a cool breeze today, it was quiet and peaceful, and being on a hill with very little street lighting, we could see so many stars in the sky. It was wonderful!
Feeling so content after writing this....in a perfect mood to read a book and then off to bed!
DAY 6798
7 hours ago


1 comment:
Chanced upon your blog from Just a Mother of Two. Congratulations on your impending new arrival and all the very best to you :-)
Post a Comment