July 23, 2009

Don't Forget to LIVE


My husband sent this to me yesterday. It's a powerful message so I am sharing it with all of you.

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I checked my email on my iphone. After that, as usual, I logged in to facebook (via an iphone app) to check the status updates.

I was shocked to find this message from an ex-colleague:

"CP is in shock and in so much pain at the sudden death last night of my husband, M. I would normally not post this so broadly, but so many of you knew him and I am asking everyone to spread the word for me so that all the lives he touched can know of this tragedy. It seems utterly impossible that I go thru these days without the person who loved me unconditionally. Please pray for our family during this time."

And another such message from her today morning:

"Nearly 24 hours w/out my M, our daddy, our son, our brother our cousin, our nephew and our friend. Such tremendous outpouring of support today from all of our friends, neighbors and family. I honestly don't know how to get through the next minute, other than to breathe and love on our kids. We will be setting GA and CA funeral / burial plans. Thanks you for ALL your messages, support & tears. I love EACH of you."

I could not digest this news. Even though I did not know my colleague's husband personally, its such a tragedy. I am still upset and very sad that she has to deal with this loss. She has 3 kids, the youngest only a year old, and I cannot even imagine how difficult it is for her and the kids.

As I read this, all my fears came alive. I was dreading everything that could happen to me.

Life is so fragile. I just simply assume that so many things will never happen to me....and when I read this post, I realized its not true.

I was suddenly thankful of having spoken to my parents the previous night, and to my sister the previous evening. These are routine things that I do but they felt special to me yesterday morning. I had spent a good weekend with my husband visiting a close friend who was sick. I suddenly felt grateful for that. 

I am praying for my friend CP and her family. And I hope they find the strength to go through this pain. And I hope somehow, with a lot of LOVE and with the passing of TIME, that they can lead a somewhat normal life. 

For all of us, I have this quote to share:
"Live each day as if it were your last, and Learn each day as if you live will forever."


Be blessed!

12 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Yes shachi.
I realised this when I lost my dad all of a sudden. (One of the main reasons that i wrote my book and this is also the message of my book)

You have been chosen on my blog for my handmade card.Have updated my post. Please send your your address. :)

Cheers
preeti

Shachi said...

@Preeti - Thank you so much for the kind words on your blog :) I am emailing you my address right away :) Can't wait to receive it!!!!

JS said...

My condolences and prayers for the family.

This post made me to be more thankful than I wud normally be, for the simple things I get to do each day with loved ones

Thank you

Shachi said...

@Jaya - Thank you for the prayers :)

Soham Shah said...

Aaaah !! ..

That is so sad .. But she is a brave girl that she put that message on FB so that all of his friends, colleagues etc can know of his untimely demise .. I asks for a courage to do so ..

May his soul rest in peace ..

Life is volatile .. live moment by moment and most importantly enjoy every moment ..

Shachi said...

@Soham - yup it takes a lot of courage to put up such a message on FB...and they continued all this week...in a way it was really nice for people like me who are not in regular touch to get updated coz we really care about the family and we would be left in ambiguity without this information!

Keshi said...

Im so very sorry to hear abt his death. Thats very very sad! :(

I guess Death of someone we know always make us reflect upon our lives, how we live and how we behave towards one another. Death is great in that aspect...it makes us LIVE more.



**As I read this, all my fears came alive. I was dreading everything that could happen to me.

I know what u mean. One of my friend's husband died a week ago...all of a sudden. He was only 41...left 2 young kids behind. When I heard abt it, I went numb...it reminded me of what cud happen to my loved-ones and I cringed in pain n fear.

No matter what, Life and Death r both inevitable. ppl die, and we hv to live somehow. But it's HOW we live that matters. And I think u know just how to live beautifully.

*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Shachi said...

@Keshi - Hey extremely sorry for your friend. This case is the same, 41 yr old friend lost her husband and has 3 young kids to take care of :( My heart cries out for her.....Thank you for the nice words about me :) You are the same sweetie :) **HUGZ**

Seeker said...

Your post reminded me of other scary times, when people close to me just made it or when sometimes they passed. We must find a way to live meaningfully in the present, passing through the moments of paralyzing fear, with compassion and bravery.

Keshi said...

Thats v sad :(

Keshi.

aMus said...

you never know when and what can happen.

that is so very sad...I pray she gets the strength to move forward for the sake of her children

Shachi said...

@Andy - Yes true :)
@Suma - Thank you for dropping by, and thanks for the prayers.