August 6, 2009

A sneak peek to say hello :)

How are ya'll doing? Hope everyone reading this post is doing fabulous :)

The last couple weeks have been extremely busy at work. I've been working long days....and I am exhausted by the time I get home. I've also had visitors at home from out of town the last couple weekends, so I have had very little time for myself. 

The good thing is - work is extremely challenging and rewarding....and weekends have been fun as well. So living the "work hard, play harder" kind of life right now :)

I am enjoying my evening walks around the neighbourhood - I love the cute rabbits that I spot everyday.


I enjoy the beautiful Folsom sunset every single day - and I can't seem to get enough of it.

Yesterday, it was poonam (or full moon day), and the sight of the moon from my backyard was just fantastic. We live up on a hill -above the rest of the city.....and there are no city/street lights around the house....so the moon and stars shine oh very bright :)

I went kayaking again at Lake Natoma with my husband and bro-in-law. Kayaking was relaxing as usual, but swimming & diving into the lake was much more fun....after which we went to a famous local creamery here, Leatherbys....and shared a huge banana split sundae. Bliss!!!!

I am currently reading the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Everyone at work has read it, and we have a book discussion scheduled sometime soon....so I want to finish it ASAP.

I have also borrowed "Shantaram" from a friend - has anyone of you read it? Reviews? The book is 900+ pages, so I am not sure when I will be able to finish it (if at all).

I played poker with my gang last Friday after a long time....and it was a blast as usual.

I am also preparing for my housewarming party - which is tentatively scheduled for Aug 29th. I have yet to send out the evite though :(

I am waiting for Aug. 22nd, when my babie sis comes back to CA. She is doing an internship in Ohio, and I haven't met her since end of May....it seems just too long and I am missing her too much.

I am shopping around for furniture for my home office - desk, chair, monitor, etc. I have decided upon the desk now, and I know which chair I want so it will be easy for me to buy. I am still deciding which monitor to purchase....currently inclined towards a 24inch Samsung LCD with an HDTV tuner.....let's see.

I celebrated Rakhi yesterday with my rakhi brother who I met here in the US in 2006. We met at work for a diversity day dance meeting that I chaired....he came to help out. We clicked instantly. He helped me choreograph a garba dance that year, and I could participate in the dance as well coz he took over the choreography from me during the later stages. I cared for him as a younger brother (he is 4.5 years younger to me), and he is now family to me. So yesterday, him and my close friends took me to my favourite restaurant - Olive Garden - for lunch :) I made a card for him at home....and he loved it so much that he wrote a beautiful poem for me, thanking me for the card. 


I watched a movie - "The International" - with my hubby and close friend P. My review - Average.

My neighbour and friend, V, is back from India after a two month vacation. She was on sabbatical. I adore her two boys, A (6.5yrs) and R(4.5yrs) and I missed them while they were gone. I call R my munchkin and moto-moto, and R calls me his pinchkin and piggie-piggie :) I have known R since he was 6 months old, and have played with him regularly.....so he is very attached to me. He comes to my house and spends a lot of time with me...and he is my #1 stress buster :)

That's what I've been upto....I have a few topics in mind that I want to blog about....and I hope to find time this weekend and next to do so. 

Till then....take care.

4 comments:

Keshi said...

Wonderful to know ur enjoying life, work, visitors, sunsets, walking, Rakhi etc etc :) Thats just awesome Shachi!

tnxx for updating us with ur life.

aww I wanna see the bunnies too..sometimes I seem em too, while on my walks..pet rabbits hopping ard in glee.

Keshi.

Vrijilesh Rai said...

My first visit here.. and I found the blog to be quite interesting. Went thru a few archives as well.. informative posts. Liked the bike trail one!

Shachi said...

@Keshi - Bunnies are cute :) I want one as a pet but everyone thinks first I need to handle myself properly then I can have pets :P

I read your latest post - enjoy the break and I'll miss ya!!!! come back soon :)

@Vrij - Welcome here....glad you enjoyed my blog. I am an outdoor person so you will get to read about all my adventures here :)

Lena said...

it seems there is a lot going on in your life. Brings a smile on my face while reading all this :)
I have seen the book Shantaram in bookstores, had heard good things about it but the volume scares me :D