December 12, 2012

12-12-12 (and Wish List Wednesday)

12-12-12 - the century's last sequential date....do you believe in numerology? I don't...it's just a cute date for me :). And I am going to spend the day slogging away at my desk....I do have a Holiday dinner from work to attend tonite, and hubby/I are hoping to make it a date night...let's see if the kiddos co-operate :)!

*********************************************************************************

Yesterday morning, the daughter wanted to put on socks+shoes on her footie-pj's. I kept telling her they won't fit, but she was persistent. So I put the socks on, and as soon as I put one shoe on, she tells me: "See I told you"! - LOL!


*********************************************************************************


At daycare, I gave her a gujju snack. Her daycare provider did not know what it was. So madam was teaching her how to pronounce it...she asked her to repeat after her: "say gaaa" "theeeee" "yaaaa" "gathiya" - the lady was laughing so hard.  She called me and made me listen to the conversation over the phone :)!


*********************************************************************************


Today morning, it was very chilly when I put her in her carseat.
I asked her: "R are you cold"
She says: "I think so"
And after a pause, she asks me: "mummy are you cold?"
I said: "yes I am"
So she tells me: "oh come on"

What is that supposed to mean, I have no idea :)!


*********************************************************************************

My awesome friend Preeti Shenoy's new book "The Secret Wish List" is being released on Dec 14th. She is hosting a creative prompt series "Wish List Wednesdays" and the prompt for today is "The three things I badly wish I could have are......" and here is my response:

After my daughter's birth, I try to live in the moment, in the present...most of the time. I don't make too many plans for the future..neither do I worry much about what will happen 5 years or 10 years from now. I am content each day if I have lived it fully, and have had moments of fun and creativity. As a mom, I feel at peace when I've managed to keep both my kids happy and well fed and clean. 

So what I wish right now is: 
1) for both the kids to be healthy and happy
2) to be able to give my best to my children, family and profession, and go to bed each day feeling content and peaceful
3) to be able to find time to help those who are in need. 

It's really that simple for me. I feel very blessed and grateful for all I have, so there is nothing tangible that I badly want. 

*********************************************************************************

I still cannot upload any pictures to the blog....have sent a request to Google storage for fixing the issue - no update yet. Hope it resolves soon!

Happy 12-12-12!

7 comments:

Deana said...

A great wishlist!

I will look for your friend's book!

Asha said...

A sweet and simple wishlist, Shachi! I am sure you will fulfill them. Your children when they grow up are going to enjoy & cherish those little anecdotes you are recording them about here.expressions is a good investment of time.

Live life at the moment - You have a great attitude towards life. Enjoy:)

Ramesh said...

Want Gaaaa theee yaaaaa :)

Seeker said...

IMHO: I think Ruhi means she wasn't cold and was
impatient with you for considering it so :))
... LOL!

Anonymous said...

Very simple and sweet wishlist :) And yeah as Asha said, you are doing a lovely thing by noting them down. Little things in life can give immense happiness and your writings are a proof of that.
Keep writing

Arti Honrao said...

O Motherly Love! I salute thee..

Nice post
I pray that your wishes are fulfilled.


GBU
Arti

Shachi said...

@Deana - thank you! She writes a lovely blog @justamotheroftwo.blogspot.com

@Asha - Thank you so much....yes I hope to turn the blog into a book!

@Ramesh - aavi jao ahinya jaldi jaldi :)

@Andy - hehe :)
@Rangelz - Thank you for the encouragement!

@Arti - Thank you!