July 16, 2012

A tough week and some tidbits...

Kiddo's daycare is closed all week. Starting today, I put her at a center which provides backup childcare for Intel families...it's one of the best in town but it's all new for her, and I know she will feel miserable. I always have to do drop-off which is the hardest thing....hubby does pick-up so he gets away with all the trauma! I have been doing an hourly check today on her...and she has surprised me, to say the least. Ofcourse she cried and was angry in the beginning, but she loved her arts teacher, and outdoor sand-water play, and she ate all her lunch (a couscous-cheese wrap)! The teacher does not want me to pick her up early.....and that's a great message for first day. I am sure tomorrow will be worse coz she will anticipate drop-off and be even more clingy and angry.....but this center has so many activities that she loves to do, I am hoping she enjoys them to the fullest!

She is in the middle of her terrible two's. Very clingy. Very anxious. Very stubborn. Very demanding. Very fussy with meals. Very not-so-good-everything!

She has her two year molar's cutting through. I've read that they are the most painful of the lot. She keeps asking for ice and keeps putting her finger/thumb in the mouth for soothing her gums. Ouchie!

It's been hot here...100+F days....it forces us to remain indoors until very late in the evening.....which frustrates the kiddo coz she keeps wanting to go "outside". I think this week has some cooler days which are so very welcome!

I wish all the above was not happening at the same time - that's all!

I am finding it hard to carry her now, so I told her...."you're so heavy"....she has fallen in LOVE with the word "heavy" and does not miss a single chance to say it. Here's one conversation:
Me: "you're so funny"
Her: "you're so heavy" LOL!

Timeouts are a big failure in our house. The kiddo will throw a tantrum, or do something that she is not supposed to, then walk up to her daddy, and say "Daddy give me a timeout"! Then she will say "No shouting no pinching no biting, Understand?" to her Daddy loudly - LOL! I cannot help but laugh profusely watching such scenes happening several times a day.....quite contrary to what my husband expected, I am the parent who lets her child do whatever she wants!!!!

The first word she knows how to spell is "Santa". She can fluently recite:
"red hat
white beard
twinkle in his eye....
Santa is his name-O...
S-A-N-T-A
S-A-N-T-A
S-A-N-T-A
And Santa is his name-O"!

The bun in the oven is nocturnal. The daughter was the same way....and as a newborn, she stayed up at night wanting to play. I am SO not looking forward to those late-night party sessions :)!

Moving away from baccha party, Marissa Mayer becomes Yahoo! CEO - glad they chose a woman for the top position.....now let's see if she can continue her impressive streak from Google!

3 comments:

BZ said...

cute! the 'heavy' part. It is amazing how the pristine child's mind interprets and understands things.
I saw Ruhi's cute pic in the earlier post and I thought to myself I will never be able to take BSK out in sleeveless clothes because it is cold here even in summer! I was longing for Folsom! ;--)
Take it easy Momma, I cannot even begin to imagine how you are managing pregnancy AND a terrible-two dotter!!!! Kudos to you!

Deana said...

Hope the rest of your week is looking up!

JS said...

Thats a lot of stuff going on..hope your coming days are lighter..my son is 6 weeks old and I am thankful that he doesnt like to party at night..