So, we finally bought a new car last weekend. After several weeks of online research, visits to the dealerships, getting quotes from all over the country, and dealing with pathetic car salesmen in this country, we drove home our car on late Saturday night. I think we got a great deal (if I may say so :P), but regardless of the price paid, we are extremely happy and satisfied with our purchase. We went to the temple on Sunday to get puja done....and it went very well. The kiddo and her mumma wore Indian dresses together...a rare occasion for us!
Some suggestions I provided at work for team lunches and conversations with management have been taken into consideration and actions are being taken. At one such event last week, I had a fabulous time openly sharing my thoughts about our research strategy and the memory ecosystem. I am usually subdued by my manager who does not give our team a chance to speak up.....and always makes us feel intimidated. But he was on vacation so his absence made it easy for me. I got the leftover cookies from the lunch event home.....but they were very few, so my sooper adorable admin made a whole box of new ones for me (she even made mini-cookies with mini-M&M's for the kiddo) and dropped it off at my desk the next day. I feel spoilt!
The daughter's daycare called today after lunch, and told me she was extremely fussy with the food. I have been requested to send non-Indian meals for the rest of the week....her feeling is that she is bored with Indian food {sigh}!!!! This generation of kids are so demanding!!!!!
Kiddo's obsession with water balloons and balls continues. I don't think it is ever going to end.
"Chicka chicka boom boom" is one more favorite book of hers - we read it atleast twice a day.
She LOVES coming really really close to me, and saying "hoon tane khaaaaaaaaaai jaish" {I will eat you up} in a loud roaring voice....it's simply priceless!!!!
Bedtime conversations with the daughter after the light is turned off are becoming cuter, and harder to resist, as each day goes by. Yesterday, she was talking about how she fed "theplu" {paratha} to the rabbits at the park, and how they were eating her food....and then she made chewing noises, then said "yummy yummy sooooooooooo goooooooood"! She was delighted by the fire from camphor at the temple, and the breaking of the coconut by her dad, and was talking about that last night as well. She remembers everyone she has met that day or the previous day, and wishes good night to each person. It's actually so peaceful and relaxing to hear her process all the stuff going through her mind....
In less than a month, the daughter turns two - how can time fly at such a lightning speed????


6 comments:
I have a hard time deciding which of the two lovely ladies in the photograph is more charming :) Lucky man of the house :):)
Plizzz to post photo of Ferrari !
Btw, what date is R's B'day ?
@Ramesh - thank you for showering praises....frankly, I feel like a giant panda waddling my way around most of the times :)! Kiddo's birthday is August 1 - you are invited for celebrations on 1st as well as on the 4th (we need people to bounce non-stop with her)!
Aaaah R and you look lovely! :*
What car did you get?
Cookies with mini M n' M's found yum!!
An advanced birthday wish to R!! :*
Beautiful photo of the two of you!!
Almost two, such a fun time of life!
@Aaekay - will send you a picture, what's your email? Thank you for birthday wishes!
@Deana - thank you :)...yes, I'm looking forward to all my time off coming soon...will keep her home with us as much as possible!
Hope you are enjoying the new car rides!
Post a Comment