February 24, 2012

{this moment} Presidents Day Staycation

"A Friday ritual. A single photo - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember" - SouleMama




We could not travel as planned this long weekend (the daughter was sick - again), and I was feeling a little bummed about it on Saturday. Every time I feel like this, the universe conspires to make it better for me.

On Saturday, I completed all the weekend errands. We took the daughter out for a bit but came back home soon.

On Sunday morning, I got a phone call from a good friend who was in town with her adorable 4-month old who I wanted to be introduced to, and we got together for lunch with another common friend of ours and her husband/daughter.

I also found time to indulge in some retail therapy. I bought a nice perfume for myself, Armani Code, making use of the gift card that hubby gave me on Valentines Day. I got a couple outfits for the daughter, as well as some awesome Brooks Brothers PJ's for the husband. Yep- he gets me flowers, candy and perfume - and I get him PJ's :D! Next gift for him is summer shorts :P!

We took the daughter to the Sacramento Children's Museum for her second visit on Presidents Day. As usual, she had a blast out there. Her favorite part was painting and the waterways section, where she got drenched. We forgot to take an extra pair of clothes so I just took off her white undershirt which was soaking wet and left the other clothes on (did not have an alternate choice anyway ;)).

I also had a massage appt.on Monday afternoon, which I had booked a while ago and forgotten, but I got reminded of it by the massage therapist on Sunday evening. Oh Boy, the massage was heavenly...I could get one every day! It totally relaxed me and put me in a very good mood before the beginning of a very busy work week.

Hubby and I also managed to watch a movie at home during the daughter's naptime.

Overall, our staycation turned out to be pretty good. We spent a lovely time together as a family, and also got to socialize with friends!

We have family coming into town this weekend, so it promises to be a fun one as well :)!

3 comments:

Gauri Trivedi said...

My daughter loves the Children's museum too..Its hard to get her outta there.
http://messyhomelovelykids.blogspot.com/

Ramesh said...

This is why this is a lovely blog. 99 people out of 100 would say that the universe conspired against them. You are a rare jewel who says the universe conspires to make it better for you. May the universe always do this to you :)

Shachi said...

@Gauri - yes it's a great option during winter!
@Ramesh - Oh your flattery...thank you! I do complain in real life, but at the end of the day, I think about the positive and go to sleep. Also long term, I tend to only remember the good times...inherently blessed I would say :)!