February 10, 2012

{this moment} The joys of co-sleeping

"A Friday ritual. A single photo - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember" - SouleMama




We co-sleep with our daughter. We have a crib and tried to make her sleep in it, but it didn't work - mostly for us :). I think the BEST time we spend with her during the day is before bedtime.....we do lots of giggling and masti - then hubby n I take turns gobbling her up while we gaze and admire our sleeping beauty :)!

She LOVES to scratch my tummie when she's trying to sleep - it's something I loved to do as a child too....well, I still love to do it. I will scratch my husband's arm sometimes if I am having a really hard time falling asleep.

Every night, she falls asleep in a unique position. Earlier this week, it was this....her head on my tummie, legs around my face, and my arms wrapped around her :)!

Even if your child sleeps in a crib, try co-sleeping once in a while - I promise you won't regret it!

7 comments:

JS said...

pricelss picture and well taken :)

Ramesh said...

Careful Careful. If you live in Norway, this will be one reason for the social services to place the child in foster care on grounds of "improper bringing up of the child" !!!!

There cannot be a bigger bliss than this. I wonder why many cultures encourage babies to sleep in their own rooms so soon in life.

Shachi said...

@JS - thank you :)
@Ramesh - I read that article about the Bengali parents....there must be something more than what was said...if not, its absurd.

I concur with your feelings about the cultural differences about baby sleep habits - when they are so young, they can sense the belonging, warmth and love mostly by touch, and when you take that away, I think it affects them emotionally. I personally believe that they should atleast have a bed/crib in the same room as parents...if not a co-sleeping arrangement.

We have the crib (thankfully did not have to buy it, a friend passed on hers) but I was nursing for 14 months (and during the later months more at night) and the crib just did not work out.

Seeker said...

Good idea to show in B&W ... & I entirely
agree with the co-sleeping ... but also
know it is strongly discouraged by others.
I think we have lost something in our
striving for safety and separateness :(

Gayu said...

I am with you on this...the picture is cho cute:)

Even i love cuddling the little one...and she loves it the most.

MUAHHHH:*

Gauri Trivedi said...

Our baby sleeps in the same room as us and her older sister joins in twice a week..it does kinda get crowded..but we aren't complaining!

Shachi said...

@Andy - yes agree!
@Gayu - Thank you...cherish those moments :)
@Gauri - yep I am the same way :)