Rules:
1) Blogger is nominated to take part
2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog - 1 link for each category.
The links are:
- Your most beautiful post
- Your most popular post
- Your most controversial post
- Your most helpful post
- A post whose success surprised you
- A post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved
- A post you are most proud of
3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nomiate another 5 more bloggers
5) And so it goes on!
I enjoy blogging for myself, and write only for myself, not others. However, a lot of people read my blog, even though they rarely leave comments. I look at the TAG above as a self-review of my blog - anyone reading the 7 posts that I pick out will get a very good snapshot of my blog and get to know me in the process :). This would be the 158th published post here, and I have a few more drafted posts that I hope to complete and publish some day.
I enjoy blogging for myself, and write only for myself, not others. However, a lot of people read my blog, even though they rarely leave comments. I look at the TAG above as a self-review of my blog - anyone reading the 7 posts that I pick out will get a very good snapshot of my blog and get to know me in the process :). This would be the 158th published post here, and I have a few more drafted posts that I hope to complete and publish some day.
Most Beautiful Post
Beauty could lie in a picture, in the writing, or in the message. I'm choosing pictures as my beauty, and would like to pick the following post as the most beautiful post:
http://shachi18.blogspot.com/2009/04/sunsets.html
I'm blessed to live in a town where I get to see a "GORGEOUS" sunset every single day. And I also never miss an opportunity to be at the beach when the sun sets. I absolutely love this time of the day!
Apart from this, any post which has my daughter's picture in it is Beautiful for me :)!
Most Popular Post
Judging by the number of comments, this one takes the popular prize :)!
http://shachi18.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-home.html
Most Controversial Post
I'm not someone who picks up controversial topics to write on my blog here, as I think of this space as a happy place. I am very strongly opinionated in real life, and would definitely chime in my thoughts on any topic being discussed, but the only controversial thing (or close to it) that I've written here is probably this post:
http://shachi18.blogspot.com/2010/12/girl-child.html
And I DO feel very strongly about this topic!
Most Helpful Post
I do a lot of research on things, and I should probably pen down some of it here, as I know many will find it useful. Since I don't have anything that I have researched to pick from, the most helpful post I think is the one below (it's something I found on the internet); it is also googled a lot and I see atleast 5 visitors everyday who land on my blog after googling about this.
http://shachi18.blogspot.com/2009/08/regina-bretts-45-life-lessons-and-5-to.html
A post whose success surprised me
I do not advertise my blog. Some of my closest family and friends also don't know about it. There's no particular reason for it - it's just that I write because I love to and not for others, and I find writing extremely therapeutic. In this sense, my blog is very much private, and hence you don't see many comments. If success is measured in the number of comments too (just like popularity), then this one surprised me:
http://shachi18.blogspot.com/2009/04/hug.html
Which makes me think that I should write about my day-to-day experiences more often!
A post that didn't get the attention it deserved
http://shachi18.blogspot.com/2011/10/lessons-from-my-14-month-old.html
Please go read it :)! And let me know what you thought of it :)!
A post I am most Proud of
This post, which summarizes my first decade in the US, is something that makes me feel very proud. I tried to include a picture from each year, and summarized the highlights very well.
I have also taken part in two challenges so far: Seven Days of Positivity and 30-day Photo Challenge, and I am proud of both of these as well.
And this turned out to be a Great Post :)!


2 comments:
Very nice. As a newcomer to your blog, this post was a great way to be introduced to your writing. You write with much warmth - it makes a pleasant read.
Loved the post on the Girl Child. So so true. And the post on your decade in the US is a gem- you certainly deserve to be proud.
@Ramesh - Thank you for the sooperb comment!
Post a Comment