So Ruhi's new thing to say (mostly to her dad) is - Hey YOU.....YOUUUUUUUUUUU! The way she says it is hilarious! She will keep repeating it until her demand is met.
Today morning, she was in a destructive mood. Hubby had bought me a small beautiful musical globe for my 7-year Intel anniversary. At 7 years, we are eligible for Sabbatical - which is an 8-week paid time off. It's something we all look forward to, and I was very excited to become eligible, and hubby got me this small gift to help celebrate. The baby thought, it's cute and nice, but I wasn't there to witness it or celebrate it, so why bother saving this memento? She picked it up and threw it on the tile floor and broke it! I was right there next to her, but I didn't think she would be able to hold this heavy round thing - that too with one hand & fling it that far away. I spent an hour cleaning the mess and we still have to use the hand vacuum in the evening to ensure all the small glass pieces have been picked up.
While I was cleaning the mess, I put the baby in her high chair. She was fine for few minutes, playing with her toys. Then, she started getting cranky. "Hey YOU, YOUUUUUU" could be heard frequently. At one point, she just got up, turned around, and yelled at me, threatening to jump out on the floor if I didn't pick her up. I said, "Hey YOU, yes YOU" - you stay there coz YOU created this mess for mommy. She calmed down for 5 mins, then got up again and threatened to jump out again. I picked her up this time, and took her to the master bedroom and gave some toys to keep her busy, while keeping her in sight to prevent any more destruction :).
I came late to work because of this today morning - on a day when we had a big department meeting which happens only once a year, and colleagues from various other Intel sites are in town to network with each other. Not only did I come late, I was just tired and overwhelmed by the whole episode.
Nothing went right today morning. I put on the pressure cooker to make lunch for her (moong beans with gravy), and when I opened it after half an hour, I found them not thoroughly cooked. So I had to pressure cook them some more, and took twice the effort than normal for preparing a 6-8oz lunch meal!
On top of that, my iPhone has stopped working. It went into recovery mode, and I can't get it out without erasing all the data. I think I have a backup for most of the data and contacts, but I'm paranoid about losing some videos or pictures of which I may not have a backup, so I'm going to try some more and see if I can recover the data, before deciding to wipe it clean. I was without a phone for more than a day, and now have this basic AT&T go phone, which I don't even know how to lock/unlock or put in silent mode.
A typical morning in the life of Ruhi's mumma!
Playing at the End of Summer
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment