Kindergarten - WOW!!!
The kiddo started Kindergarten today. Bye Bye Preschool - Hello Elementary!!!!
After a lot of stress and anxiety over which school to choose, and a lot of politics+shaming by Indian parents in my network, I decided to change her school last minute. As a result, she is going to a school where none of her preschool friends are. We did a play date with a couple of her new kinder friends last week....and at her age, I can safely say she will make new friends as time goes by.
I was extremely anxious and nervous, but the kiddo did great this morning. She woke up early, was well rested, ate her breakfast like a champ, and made no fuss about her clothes or shoes.
At drop off, she mingled with friends, and got introduced to her teachers.
When I called at lunch time to check on her, the principal reported that she was doing just fine.
She just turned 5 years old a few days ago, and that makes her one of the youngest in her class. But there is no lack of self-esteem, and she is more than ready to tackle kindergarten!!
As her mom, I will always be her advocate, and confidante! I will help her not only with her curriculum, but also with social and emotional issues as she navigates her years at school.
Wishing my growing superstar, and sweet, sweet girl a great year at school! Our love and blessings are always with you!!
Playing at the End of Summer
1 day ago


5 comments:
Best Wishes to your sweet girl and all of you. My Kiddo starts next week and he is super excited too
Best wishes to little the little kindergardener! How time flies! :--)
@Bin - Thank you - Good luck to your kiddo as well!
@SK - yes indeed! It feels like we just brought her home from the hospital. And how much ever I feel she is my baby, she surprises me by being so mature in new circumstances.
Woo hoo. How R Sr has grown. Good luck little girl. May you enjoy school and flower and bloom.
@Ramesh - Thank you! Yes growing up WAY too fast!!! When I talk to her on the phone occasionally, she is so fluent and mature that I have to pinch myself to remember she's only 5!
Post a Comment