September 22, 2014

Post 6 - Fall colors

It still feels like summer around here. The temperatures are just starting to drop, but it's still very warm.

The Kings Fire near Pollock Pines has brought in a lot of smoke, ash, dust and pollen into the valley. Both kids have caught a cold, and the husband is also suffering from cold/allergy symptoms.

October is around the corner though, and it is one of my favorite months. The autumn air is crisp, the leaves put up a fabulous display of colors, the sunsets are vibrant, and the weather is simply perfect.

I will be out of town this year, and will miss Fall in all its glory. So I was pleasantly surprised when I was driving by our local park last Friday, and was treated to this view....





With the early morning sun shining bright, and the empty green field in the background, it was so inviting. I parked my car and spent a few minutes admiring this view, before heading to work! It completely relaxed me!


1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Welcome "Home". The place to be in October is India :):)