June 23, 2014

Cleanse complete

Successfully completed the 21-day cleanse yesterday - Week 1 was much harder than expected, but Week2/3 were easier. It gave me a chance to note all my bad food habits and also gave me time to (hopefully) give up some of them for good.

Green smoothies were a bit hit - hubby loves them a LOT and gave up his morning tea for them.

The Chia pudding was not a great hit with me - but the daughter LOVES it. The chilled gooey, coconut milk pudding suits her taste buds. Its a great snack or breakfast item for the kids.

The son LOVES almond butter, just as much as I do. We both licked it off the spoon every afternoon.

I lost 6-7lbs. That brings my total for this year to about 12+ lbs. I am MORE than happy. I feel fit, and healthy. I am getting rid of the pregnancy fat, slowly and steadily. I continue to go for short runs, walks, occasional biking, and doing weights/kettle-bells at home.

My only cheats were eating black beans a day before they were allowed, and a portion of the kids fries when we visited Ikea :). I am proud of myself!!!!

If you want any tips or any new recipes that I learnt, or some basic principles on green juicing, let me know and I will be happy to pass along what I know!

This is the program I did: http://simplegreensmoothies.com/cleanse.

Looking forward to pigging out this week, including a big bowl of icecream tonite :) :)!!!!

5 comments:

Ramesh said...

God you are scarily "clean". I am now shivering at the thought of where I would take you for dinner ?? :):)

Shachi said...

@Ramesh - nothing to worry - everything allowed on vacation, especially Indian food :) :)!

JS said...

Shachi..Congratulations on sticking on this diet and getting fit !! I know personally its no easy task to lose even 1 pound after preg..You give me hope ..yes I am interested in tips/recipes ! ( whats your email id, ) Happy rest of the week :)

Shails said...

I have been reading your blog entries and you are so articulate! Good luck on the cleanse!

A said...

So happy for you! I love love love almond butter. But alas, I love my carbs :-(