December 26, 2013

Blog Review - The Flirting Kaapi

I decided to participate for the first time in the Indiblogeshwaris "That Tuesday Thingy"....this time it's the "Secret Blog Elves 2013".

The blog I was given to review was "The Flirting Kaapi". I had never read Sneha's blog before, and I was looking forward to reviewing it.

I've been reading her posts on and off for a couple of weeks now :). I must say - so many aspects of Sneha's personality are similar to mine. Like when she says, "I can never come out of a bookstore without buy something - anything" - that is SO me. During the recent thanksgiving long weekend in the US, the only place I really wanted to shop at was Barnes and Noble. When I visit India, the first place I shop at is Crosswords. I knew I would enjoy my time reading Sneha's blog just after reading this one sentence :).

Sneha is (much) younger than me, and all the while I was reading her blog, I wished I started blogging much earlier in my life. She is one lucky duck! I feel sad that my blog has pretty much turned into a mommy blog now, as whatever little time I have to pen down my thoughts, I prioritize penning down my children's lives versus other musings.

Her illustrations are fabulous. She does a really good job of posting freebies for the monthly calendar....do check them out. She also does a lot of giveaways, and that is another aspect that I loved. She should be getting hundreds of comments on her blog, and I wonder why she does not. And I've never done a giveaway here on my blog, so I MUST do one soon!

I have always loved to read writing that makes me think. Sneha's blog definitely makes me think. One of her posts says "Think about the last time you smiled/laughed a lot, and you want to relive that moment again and again"....and when I read that, I looked at my son, who was napping next to me, and remembered him ruffling my hair and giggling non-stop for 15 minutes prior to going down for his nap. It was priceless and precious to hold him and see him so happy. And I will always cherish that moment.

Some of her posts also give me a feeling that she values her solitude, and some of her best creativity happens during that time. I'm kind of that way too....solitude resonates with me. I find large groups of friends stifling...I do best with 1:1 conversations.

Ada's travel tales showed me that she can weave wonderful tales from her travels - whether they are routine or to exotic places. She clicks amazing pictures....and I love that they are not heavily edited. They are the kind I would click, evoking a certain feeling in the viewer, but still presenting a picture as is.

She looks amazing, loves coffee, loves books, loves traveling, is a great illustrator and writer, dreams living out of a backpack, loves music and is a Rahman fan - oh well, if I was a single guy, she would be the girl of my dreams  :) :)!

I hope I've done justice in reviewing "The Flirting Kaapi" - it is sure an inviting place, so DO visit!

7 comments:

Ramesh said...

Have to visit. Even without this nice review, even the very concept of a "Flirting Kaapi". I love Kappi and I l love ........ ; how can I resist a blog with such a title !!

JANU said...

She sure is talented. Nice review Elf.

Sneha said...

Right now, I have no words to describe how happy and grateful I am. You rock awesomeness. Here's a big bear hug for you :)

Karan Shah said...

very detailed review...good job elf...surely visiting Sneha's blog, loved the name :)

Shachi said...

@Ramesh - thank you...pretty interesting place :)

@Janu - welcome here. Yes she is!

@Sneha - my pleasure. glad you liked it.

@Karan - welcome here. do visit :)

Bhavika said...

Good job!! After your review, I'm definitely visiting this blog! One of the reasons why I love your blog is - it makes me "think"... This time it's about blogging.. Since long I've been toying with the idea of blogging but never paid serious attention towards it.. When you said you wished you had started writing earlier - I can see myself somewhere down the line. (Thanks for mentioning that ;) )

Crossword is the first place to visit in India - that is SO me ;) Shopped to my heart's content! Missing crossword already! :( Would love to read some book reviews from your side as I haven't tried the kind of books that are available here in US. Do share the list sometime!

Shachi said...

@Bhavika - you are always so generous with your comments. Blog - as often as you can, it's so therapeutic. I need to raid your Crossword shopping soon!