October 11, 2013

You know he's in good hands when....

She ALWAYS welcomes your child with a huge smile, and open arms.

She needs the money, but the driving force is her passion to care for babies and toddlers.

She agrees to fit to YOUR schedule vs. changing his schedule to fit hers.

She is probably the most patient (yet firm) person I've ever met.

She texts you a picture of your baby sleeping on her shoulders - for 2 hours straight - and when you ask her why she didn't put him down, she says because he reminded her of her youngest son who looked exactly like him at that age. She cherishes those moments.

You can be assured that your child will be well fed. NO MATTER WHAT.

Unlike other places, she never asks you to abruptly leave at the door at drop-off. She insists that you come inside, settle your child in, make sure he is comfortable, before saying goodbye. And every single day, she will call you within 5 minutes of leaving to make you hear his giggling voice.

She calls you every afternoon after lunch time, when your baby has gone down for his nap.

She says "thank you" for letting me take care of your sweet precious child...coz even though its not her own baby, she has SO much fun with him.

When your child is sick and refuses to take any medicine, she comes with her husband to your house, in the middle of the night, and spends as much time as required to get the medicine into your child's body.

She never reminds you of payment, ever.

She is someone who an extension of your role as a mommy. Someone who you can trust completely. A gem of a person.

 I am grateful for her as I can leave a piece of my heart with her everyday and go to work. Its a win-win - she works for her children and I for mine.

I love our kids' daycare provider. I am beyond blessed and lucky to have found her.

4 comments:

JS said...

I am really happy to read your post and know such people exist ..It is indeed a BIG blessing !

Ramesh said...

Awwww. On the shoulders of such yeomen and women does the world go around

Shachi said...

@JS - thank you. It really IS a BIG blessing!

@Ramesh - yep....so true. Took me a while to create my small little village to help raise my children, but I'm glad I have it in place now.

Asha said...

I am glad you found her. So happy for you and the little ones. Hope he enjoys his time with her.