October 25, 2013

Cooker of the house

Yesterday morning, after Sukhi ben (the lady who comes to help me 3x/week in the morning) left, the daughter shares this gyan with me:

R: Mumma, I like Sukhi ben to play with me
Me: That's good. She plays with you after she is done with cooking
R: Mumma, I have idea. YOU cook and Sukhi aunty plays with me every day
Me: Why?
R: Because you are the cooker of the house (LOL)
Me: But Sukhi aunty also makes good food
R: No Mumma, I like YOUR food. You are the BEST cooker!

On one hand, it feels great that the kids appreciate all the time I spend in the kitchen. But on the other hand, it seems I never get a break which I sometimes crave for :)!

Happy Friday, and Happy Weekend! I have to take the kids to THREE Halloween parties - Wish me luck :)!

5 comments:

Ramesh said...

Good luck; ye Cooker and Goofball :):):)

Sriram Khé said...

hehehe

i imagine the following laurels as well coming soon from the mouths of your kids:

the best fryer
tasty toaster
mixer mummy

hehehe

enjoy the good times with the kids ...

Shachi said...

@Ramesh - Thank you :)
@Sriram - wow love those names. But the kids will come up with something completely unexpected I'm sure :).

Vidya said...

haha! That is funny! I wonder what name you will be christened with next?!

Shachi said...

@Vidya - I have no idea. I'm waiting!