May 31, 2013

Of this one song....

I've been waiting to upload a song that the husband got recorded recently and presented it to me as a surprise mother's day gift, but every day I forget to bring the CD from the car to my desk. Today I remembered to do so :).

He got 3 songs recorded, but the one that I (and my daughter) liked the most is: "pyar maanga hai tumhi se, na inkaar karo". Here is the link to the audio.....(warning: the quality of the uploaded version is not as good as the CD version, but this is the best I could do to share online).

https://soundcloud.com/sthakkar/pyar-maanga-hai-tumhi-se-sam

So, since the first time we heard that song, whenever I drive the daughter to school (or anywhere else in my car), she buckles up in her car seat and says: "mumma please pay pappa's song". {I love when she says "pay" instead of play - oober-cute :)}. And soon as it turns on, I look behind to find her grinning ear to ear. Her happy smiling face makes me heart melt....every.single.time.

Then, one day, she insisted on listening to that song at home too. I explained to her that we only have the CD in the car, and we cannot play it on our iphone or ipad. But I also said, you can listen to the same song in a different voice. And she was eager to listen to it :).


So I played the above, and she was mesmerized. She must have watched this video more than 100 times by now. And when I asked her, whose voice is better, she tells me: "mumma in one nine nine two I like man's voice; in mumma's car I like pappa's voice". Smart cookie! {one nine nine two is our house number hence the reference}.

Then one day, after watching the video, she tells me: "mumma I sad. Man sing song and lady cry. Lady very sad mumma she not stop crying" - LOL! {watch the song and you will see the heroine crying and that's what she is referring too}. I have tried telling her that the man singing is Kishore Kumar but it has still not registered in her head :)!

She loves music, and she loves dancing. She can sing so many hindi songs now....even though she cannot speak fluently in Hindi or Gujarati, she really enjoys bollywood music...and I am thankful for that :).

Overall though, the daughter is going through a very rough phase right now. That is the main reason I have not been able to post more regularly on this blog. I don't know if its because of the preschool or a growth thing. We checked in with her ped and everything seems to be okay, nothing alarming. So we are doing our very best to understand her, empathize with her, and keeping our patience when dealing with her tantrums. She went through a phase couple weeks ago where she would hit the baby zillion times a day, but this week we have seen a remarkable improvement and they both have been playing very well with each other. We hope it only keeps getting better :)!

Hoping to write more regularly from June onwards....and ending this post with a few pictures from the Mother's Day photoshoot!





Happy weekend!!!!

9 comments:

JS said...

really sweet and creative on your hubby's part for this idea!! and He is great singer !!
I hope Sr R keeps bonding well with Jr R..and great pics as usual ..

Sriram Khé said...

That is really, really, cool that your husband recorded a song for you, and you drive around playing that CD ... and your kid gets even more excited ... continue to have such a wonderful time forever :)

i see that there is no mustache on the husband's face :(

Shachi said...

@JS - thank you!
@Sriram - yep he's good with such surprises. And I love intangible gifts anyway. I will send you a picture with his mustache.....we all hated it :)

SK said...

Oh the pics are lovely!

The song is cute :--)

Ramesh said...

Aha; is this how the gentleman wooed the lady - pyaar maanga hai tumhi se indeeed :)

What was the lady's response ??? Next post complete with a recording please !

Leena said...

Very well spent Mother's Day with Nice song & pics :)

Shachi said...

@SK - thank you!
@Ramesh - I sing a lot for both the kids. They love my voice. I don't have any professional recordings like the hubby :(. Oh and my response was: "yeh dil sun raha hai tere dil ki zubaan" :)!

@Leena - thanks!

Vidya said...

I love this post. Your post is always straight from the heart. I also loved the pictures. The way you describe Ruhi makes me want to plant kisses on her cheek!

Are you back in the States?
Vidya

Unknown said...

aww!! Your kids are uber-cute!!