After being in denial mode in the beginning, then struggling between high and low emotions, big sister R has finally fallen in love with her baby brother.
Every morning, she showers him with kisses. Most mornings, she requests that he be placed in her lap, or that she can hug him, and asks me to take a picture. If he is playing in his crib with the mobile on (it has wonderful soothing Mozart tunes), she settles next to him, and is careful not to hurt him.
She turns on the piano on and presses the button which plays a programmed Jingle Bell tune - she says 'here we go" and starts dancing.....while shaking her tushie and dancing around, she also comes and shakes her bhailu's tushie and makes him giggle :)....
Before, if a visitor asked if they could take the baby with them, she didn't care. Now she will promptly say NO, he's mine!
She insists on bringing his feeding bottle herself to whoever is holding him. She even tries to feed him but is too clumsy to manage it on her own.
She has made up a song for him, which goes like this:
R baby R baby
Don't worry R baby
I am your big sister NOW
{Tune: Mustafa Mustafa}
At night, if the baby wakes up crying, or is being changed, she is sometimes bothered and wakes up. But she is very patient, and as soon as he falls asleep, she does too. Before, she would start screaming and not tolerate him being taken care of at all.
If he is relaxing on his rocker, she pulls up her little recliner chair and relaxes next to him.
The baby loves his big sister too. As soon as he hears her voice or spots her, he smiles :). He keeps staring at her while she is around. If he is napping, he wakes up as soon as she arrives near him.
Whenever we dress up and have to take a picture, she insists that mumma carries both at the same time....one on the right and one on the left (she says that too) :)....
I can see both of them bonding amazingly well, and that makes me the happiest mumma in the world!
PS: I could not post Friday coz my laptop conked out :(!
PPS: This post would be so much better with the awesome pictures that I sorted out to upload...but - I cannot add pictures to this post as I am out of google storage...which is confusing coz it says I am only using ~5GB of the total 21GB paid storage that I have....I don't know how to fix the issue right away so once its resolved, I'll update this post with pictures!
Playing at the End of Summer
1 day ago


7 comments:
Awww. That is one sweet big sister. Tell her that we all say that !
Picture of mama carrying "one on the right and one on the left" will be a priceless one.
I happened to come across your blog , when I was browsing and have read few of your articles . You write beautifully ..I am a mom myself of a 16 month old and working at that .. I can totally relate to your experiences with motherhood .. I enjoy reading the blogs .. Keep writing.. Not everyone would be able to put their experiences to words so wonderfully.
Awwww, so sweet :-) I wish I had a little brother too :-)
@Ramesh - sent you pics via email!
@GB- welcome here..thank you :)
@Agnes - I wish too :)...thank you!
lol on R baby song..somehow it sounded to me like "soft kitty warm kitty" sheldon song from TBBT :D nice blog u've got :)
WOWWW!!!! u DO read blogs!! thats quite a list u visit :)
@gils - I just keep adding to the list....don't have the time to read most of them with 2 small babies :)
Post a Comment