This is what I cooked for dinner tonite....
Methi Kaaju Matar Malai (served with Paratha) - even though the name says malai, I used 2% milk and reduced it to make the gravy. This is a healthy dish and very flavorful too!
For Diwali, I tried making two new sweets. I loosely followed the recipes from the internet, and they turned out good.
Peda - entirely cooked in microwave....
Kalakand - this one was a hit. It reminded me of "doodh no maavo" from Ahmedabad.
Mum made some awesome snacks - chakri, kachori, kela ni wafer.....
During a recent visit to a local temple, we tried a very good alternative to a typical vegetable cooked in Gujarat - they made "zucchini tuver" instead of "ringna (eggplant) tuver" - Dad and I (and my sister) are somewhat allergic to eggplant and we mostly avoid it. So this variation has become a hit in our house now. We all love zucchinis a lot (even the daughter).
Zucchini Tuver - with Bhakri, homemade pickle, ghee/gol....
When mum makes dinner, it's traditional dishes like this one below, which is our family recipe.
Vaalor Dhokli - a variety of vegetables (instead of Vaalor) can be used with dhokli...yum yum yum!
And on my birthday, mum/sis/I made this for everyone....
Undhiyu - I love all the colorful veggies.....Mum made those awesome muthiyas.....it takes a while to prep for it but cooking is sooper fast. We always have leftovers and enjoy them for a couple of days.
I had a picture of the finished dish but I can't find it on my laptop....
As mentioned in the previous post, if you need recipes, please leave a comment!







6 comments:
Drooling over here... everything looks soooo good!!
Stop these foodie posts - I've already started looking up tickets to fly over :)
@Agnes - come on over! If you visit NorCal, we must meet!
@Ramesh - did you book already :)? I'm waiting! BTW, I will be in India in Jan...thinking of a Bangalore visit in March...will you be around? I'm hoping to meet Preeti, you and few other college buddies.
Excuse me but don't you think displaying such tempting pictures of home cooked food is injurious to the health of people viewing them (and drooling over them!)??
Seriously mouth watering pics !
@Gauri - Thank you - when are you coming over to visit :)?
@Kunal - you HAD to comment on this one ;)
Post a Comment