November 13, 2012

Happy Diwali and Happy New Year

I wanted to wish all my friends here on my blog a Very Happy Diwali and A Happy, Healthy, Adventurous and Prosperous New Year!!!!!

While the story behind Diwali and the manner of celebration varies from region to region of India (festive fireworks, worship, lights, sharing of sweets), the essence is the same - to rejoice in the Inner Light (Atman) or the underlying Reality of all things (Brahma).

We have mum n dad with us this year - for the first time since I came to the US from India - and it feels so festive just because of their presence :). 

It is also Rusham's first Diwali....our gotu is warming everyone's hearts by his precious smile all day :).

Ruhi seems to be getting better with the sibling rivalry as each day passes by.....and we have more happy times than cranky times during our day, which makes me happy when I go to bed each night! She enjoyed a great Diwali party at her pediatrician's house - she is quite smitten by her - and she was delighted to see her DOC dancing to Indian music....she can't stop shaking her bum to music after coming home from the party! She is also loving the Diwali lights that we put outside our house, and the lights in our community. We also put Diyas and will burn some sparklers tonite.....

Mom and I have cooked a bunch of snacks and sweets - we distributed a few to our friends and neighbors - I would not have had the enthusiasm had mom not been around....

I have a bunch of pictures to share....will do so once I download them to my computer from the camera.....

I hope you had a lovely time with your families and loved ones...


8 comments:

JS said...

wish you and your family a very Happy Diwali !!

Deana said...

Happy Diwali! And happy to hear big sis is starting to get along with the idea of baby brother!

Gauri Trivedi said...

Very happy to know you enjoyed Diwali with your family the traditional way...

Ramesh said...

Happy Diwali & New Year to you too Shachi.

Just watch out - your gotu is going to set off atom bombs & rockets next year !!

Reflections said...

Happy New Year Shachi!!!

Nice to read about ur Diwali:-)).

Yeah we had a nice time too...the kids had an off and I made gulab jamoons to celebrate since its against the law to burst crackers];-D

Rahul Bhatia said...

First time on your blog! Wishing you and family a happy belated Diwali and a prosperous New Year! It is always fun to celebrate the festival with all near and dear ones around:)

Shachi said...

@JS - thank you so much.
@Gauri - yes it was great. Hope yours was too :)
@Ramesh - Thank you Ramesh! I'm sure he will...right now, he's setting them off in the form of his farts hehehehe!
@Nancy? - Thank you....I don't like to burst crackers, just sparklers for the kiddo.
@Rahul - welcome here....yes a very different feeling to have family during festivals!

Shachi said...

@Deana - we are making slow positive progress everyday :)