August 31, 2012

{this moment} On the kitchen counter


"A Friday ritual. A single photo - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember" - SouleMama





Mom is here....and the kitchen is the busiest, most interesting place in the house!

On the kitchen counter yesterday morning:

-- Fresh fruit from the farmers market (peaches and plums, organic);
-- 5 different kinds of seeds - sesame, flax, sunflower, pumpkin and chia - waiting to be roasted and blended together for a healthy snack;
-- Sprouted moong - LOVE them!

Long weekend starts today, and "labor" is the word on my mind ;)


5 comments:

Gauri Trivedi said...

Lucky you...i wish my Mommy was here too !

A said...

Yes, lucky you :-)

Deana said...

I want your mom to come cook at my house!! :) Enjoy your time together!

Ramesh said...

Nice pun. Best wishes for both :)

Shachi said...

@Gauri - I know I'm lucky - thank you.....I did have a long stretch where no family visited me and I went through some rough times.....glad I'm past it :)
@Agnes - YES - thank you :)....loving your latest posts!
@Deana - She would love that...or for you to come and visit!
@Ramesh - thank you - waiting....waiting!