- People have no email or phone call etiquette these days. I don't send any forwards. I only send emails about very select events that I am keen to go to, but more than 50% of the people never respond to my emails. Sometimes even 1:1 emails are ignored. Does it bother you or is it only me? Same with phone calls - we don't do missed calls in US, why would you call me and not leave a voicemail? I still call back, at my earliest convenience. Or if its someone I talk to routinely, I ping them or communicate back in some way as soon as possible. And I rarely make calls and leave a voicemail....when I do, people still don't call back. Ugh!
- These days, I am miserably failing at understanding men. Husband included. Things they say annoy me greatly. Some men who call me and tell me things....I can't relate to anything they are saying. I also find myself emotion-less during such conversations - it's the hormones I blame.
- Some people only keep a relationship with me because they need me for something or the other. I try to run away from them as fast as I can, but they still keep chasing me. I am tired of these drains around me.
- Sometimes, unavoidable circumstances come up. I handle them well, but husband miserably fails to do so. It makes my stress rise exponentially. I wish no such circumstances come again in the near future. I need a break.
- When you have been very close to someone in the past (but are not close anymore), you still expect them to remember important stuff from the past, right? When a person behaves as if all that happened has been forgotten, I get bugged.
- My belly is at a very curious stage right now - not too big, but making its statement out in public :). I find it very amusing that many people want to ask me that dreaded question, but refrain from doing so.
- Couples get very lonely once their kids leave home and go to college. It's like starting life all over again. I am seeing that with a couple people I am close with and I am dreading that stage of my life already!
- I cooked a lot over the last few days - handvo, shrikhand, paneer bhurji, raita, roasted sweet potatoes, etc - but there is so much leftover now in the fridge - I hate throwing food away so I shared some with friends and will finish the rest tonight. I am looking forward to cleaning out my refrigerator this weekend!
- It's a lot of fun to take guests from India shopping. They get delighted when we use coupons and get good deals. The oldies also get tired from walking all day, but the feeling of content on their faces after a full day of shopping is priceless!
- My daughter wakes up in the middle of the night - smiles at me - and within seconds goes back to sleep. This happens atleast once every night, if not more. THAT smile of hers is the one that I treasure the MOST!
- Check out this very short video of the kiddo (and her mummy) enjoying the weekend WIND in our backyard. Yes I gobble her up a zillion times each day like this. She is irresistible!
Well, I feel better already, and the yoga class tonite is going to calm my nerves and help me let go of all these crazy things going on in my mind right now. Coupled with a good night sleep today, I will be a happier person tomorrow morning :)!


8 comments:
How cute!
Btw I totally get you on the not responding to email part, or not returning phone calls part. I wonder too. I cannot keep an email unanswered or a phone call not returned, it bugs me I get to it. That doesnt mean we are jobless and they are busy, may be we are not high on the priority list of whatever. Anyway I have learnt not to let it bug me. People are different, they handle things differently that;s it. Does not mean we should change ourselves or expect them to change, just change our expectations.
Happy mommyhood, second time over! :--))
Ohhh ; Men are OK mummaiyo (totally hooked on to this terminology !)Give us some rope :)
You can't be serious about fearing the empty nest.... your nest isn't even complete :)
Plizzz to keep the handvo, etc. Am coming :):)
Yukkkkkk to shopping. Oh we menfolk .....
@SK - I've changed expectations.....the getting bugged part keeps coming n going :). Thank you!
@Ramesh - yes...mummaiyo is being mellow these days to avoid unleashing her fire :). What would be your favorite gujju meal? I'll have it ready when you come over :). I dread shopping too....except when its for the kiddo!
I absolutely agree with some of your rants! They irritate the hell out of me! When I call people even for a casual talk, if they don't pick up, I expect them to return my call or atleast send a text. They're basic etiquette!
Even I've tried so much to block out some people from my life. But no matter what, they always return and drain my energy and time. :/
Some of my friends act like strangers too now and it's sad. Makes me feel so left out.. :/
Congrats on your second kid! :)
And that is so cute of Ruhi. She's such a treasure!! :)
And that video is soooooo cute! :) :*
Oops, such a long reply. :/
Hugs!!
I am also having a rough day now :) That bit on people not responding leaves me nuts too.It is so much to take India folks for shopping here too. Amma was so so happy seeing the kind of services they provide here ( personal shoppers).
A good ex-friend ( yea, we kind of broke up) once asked me on a facebook group on my full name. I was too shocked to respond. We were college project mates :) It still hurts.
And yoga class for me too, today!
@Aaekay - Thank you. The fact that you and I responds to comments on our blog tells me we are a different breed. Enough said :P
@Arch - Hope your evening was better and yoga helped :). I break up with friends too :P!
I hate it hate it hate it when people don't respond to mails .. too rude I tell you !
Been too busy lately so reading a lot fo your posts together .. Love ur snaps with Ruhi !
@Ruchira - I find it rude too. Unfortunately, the other party does not. On the contrary, I am labeled as a highly sensitive fool who makes issues out of small small things. What to say?
Post a Comment