Thank you for all the prayers and support. It means a lot. Many of you have sent personal emails, called me, checked on things - it's amazing how many genuine good friends I have made through this blog. And then there are people who know me well in personal life, have read almost every post that I write (including the last one) and have never bothered to leave a comment or communicate with me. I really don't understand why they would bother reading about my personal life so religiously.
Parents (especially mom) have been doing better. Recovery is taking its time - it's a long road ahead, but we are moving in the right direction. I had booked my tickets to travel - and then mom n dad, uncles, aunts, loved ones - they all advised me not to travel. They had very valid reasons this time around (and I can't list them all here) so with a very heavy heart, I listened to their advice and decided not to go. I was not getting good vibes about the travel as well, and I figured I should listen to my gut feeling more than anything else.
In the meantime, here's some awesome stuff happening in my life:
- Laughter and humor have returned in my conversations with mom and dad. And it's always, always a very good thing. My maasi's (mom's sisters) are joining in the fun too. It just makes the situation lighter, and the pain much more bearable for the person who is dealing with it.
- The kiddo and few of her neighbor friends had a gala time observing a ladybug walk/jump/fly on the driveway. Such a small creature....doing nothing extraordinary, but it was a treat for the kids. It was pure delight for me to watch the show.
- I started going to yoga classes again. I have found an amazing teacher here locally. I went to her throughout my first pregnancy and I stopped after that. I had some pain that was bothering me at night, and just after one class with her, its all gone. After about 75 mins of yoga, when I came out and was walking towards my car, it was so magical. The sun had set, and the last few minutes of daylight were lingering. There was no wind, no sound of cars...everything was quiet except the loud croaking of hundreds of frogs in a creek nearby. That short walk after a very relaxing yoga class felt like meditation. I soaked it all in!
- I've been on a cooking spree. Over the years, cooking has become a relaxing chore for me. And it's also something which I really enjoy. I made mango pickle at home - it's only second best to mom's pickle :). I made a kick-ass rava-idli-upma from leftover idlis.....I experimented with the ingredients (used cashews instead of peanuts and used a different kind of chutney) and it turned out the best I've made so far. Yesterday I made dosas for dinner - I got the batter from the store, but I used Amul cheese with chutney powder and ghee as filling....it was a new combination that we had not tried before. Hubby loved it so much. Kiddo always gets three fresh home-cooked meals daily. Both of them enjoy my cooking so much.....I feel happy seeing both of them happy :)!
- The kiddo's gibberish talks are getting better and better each day. She says "ammonia for umbrella", "goga for dora", "sheums for fryums", "shoogar for sugar". She uses phrases like "oh ya", "no way", "oh man" often. She sings a few hindi songs now..."nani teri morni", "abc song", "shoni shoni aaja maahi ve", "jach gayi jach gayi kudi jach gayi ho ho ho ho ho" and few more {we don't show her videos of these...she just listens to these songs in the car on her way back n forth to daycare}. She LOVES to dance to any tune - rhymes, salsa, bongo music - anything you play, you can find her shaking her leg or booty. It's awesome really....to see her enjoy the simplest of pleasures in life.
- Apart from bedtime, the next best time I have with my kiddo is in the potty. Yep - you heard it right - potty. When she goes potty in the morning, she says "mumma sitdown" so I take a small step stool and sit in front of her. We giggle, play peek-a-boo, we talk about our dreams, we sing songs.....it's just me and her in that small bathroom sitting close to each other, and we have the best bonding time to start our day!
- All the hills around our home have turned green. I see cattle grazing all day on the hills. Flowers are slowly starting to bloom. We have cherry blossoms in our backyard. It's just so pretty at this time of the year.....I love the greenery! {I will try to click some pictures of the pretty scenery this weekend and post them here}.
So, even though things are crazy busy at work, I still have my taxes to finish by end of this weekend, the weather is crazy - we've had hailstorms and thunderstorms in the last week & parents dealing with injury and pain are always on the back of my mind.....
I feel blessed! L.I.F.E IS G.O.O.D!
.jpeg)


6 comments:
Wonderful for you to write a post like this. Delighted to hear mom and dad are better and if there's humour in the conversations, all is well in the world.
You spread cheer to all around you. Even when times are tough. May all the cheer you spread come back to you multiplied and no dark cloud shall dare come near.
@Ramesh - Thank you so much. Yes humor rules in our house - we are all short tempered people (especially my dad's side of the family) so without humor, things would always be bad :P!
Thank you for the compliment - I do work hard to be happy and bubbly every day, and also live in the moment. It takes effort but is very much worth it.
Happy for you Shachi...after reading your post i feel uplifted myself..inspite of all the things happening around you..you tend to stay positive instead of drowning in depression.
Laughter is the best medicine and am sure your parents will feel get well soon.
I wonder how you manage to do so much ..yoga classes , take care of your baby, work and the rest of the things you do..it amazes me :) and i do get inspired a lot.
Spring time is my fav time as well..love the greenry .
Hugs to you
Glad to know you are back being yourself..hope your mom and dad feel completely recovered soon.
I'm glad to hear a good update on your parents. I know you are sad to not be with them right now, but you are good to listen to them, and your gut.
Love the sweet daughter stories!
@JS - thank you. Yoga is just so important to me, I work hard to find time for it.
@Gauri - thank you!
@Deana - yes I hope I made the right decision.
Post a Comment