April 6, 2011

Our Backyard - a photo post

We have a cute little backyard and a lovely garden in our home, and over the last 2 years have done quite a bit of work on it. Well, to be honest, hubby has done most of the work but I support him with motivation, kind words, and good food ;).

Here is a photo post from our backyard:

We have ROSES.....




And DAFFODILS....


And LAVENDER....

We also have ORANGES.....

And LEMONS.....


And BELL PEPPERS and TOMATOES.....


We grew mint and cilantro and parsley as well - I don't have pictures of it though.

We also have a cherry and peach tree, but we planted bare roots, so it will be another year or more before they bear fruit.

Our home is located on top of a hill, and we get to see pretty remarkable views from our backyard.

There are RAINBOWS....

And LIGHTNING STORMS.....

We see an occasional SNOWFALL.....{this picture is from the front of the house}

And breathtaking SUNRISES....

Gardening is very therapeutic. I haven't been able to do much because of pregnancy and caring for an infant. But I'm ready for it now that Spring is here :)!

Collage from Spring2009:

2 comments:

Seeker said...

LOL ... I didn't know you liked gardening and Yes ... you have both made your house a beautiful home.

Shachi said...

@Andy - Ofcourse I love it - these days its either the plants section or the baby section at the store!