June 4, 2009

Pictures from my backyard....

As most of you already know, I just moved into a new home which has a sooper cute backyard.

We are still unpacking boxes and settling in, but I've already started enjoying my backyard.

Here's is a picture of the first flower - a daffodil - in our backyard :)



And last nite, lightning lit up the sky in Sacramento area like fireworks. I have never experienced this kind of lightning in my entire life. It went on for more than 2 hours, and I was able to capture the image below :)



It was scary as well - 2 people were killed with the lightning and several homes lost power. So I was cautious but could not resist snapping a few pics :)

I am looking forward to planting roses and starting a small vegetable garden. I also want to plant a fruit tree - I've heard peaches and citrus (oranges, lemons) grow well in California.

This summer is going to be FUN!!!!

4 comments:

Shubhika Taneja said...

very nice pictures. and the first flower is very cute :-). And Congratulations for moving to the new house!

Keshi said...

I love Daffodils!

Its a great feeling to hv ur own backyard and grow flowers too. Lovely Shachi!


*Lightning

Stay safe Shachi!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Shachi, Dr.O'brien wrote alot of books...the most recent and popular one is NEVER SAY DIE...check it out here:

http://books.boomerangbooks.com/featuredbook1.asp?StoreURL=boomerang&bookid=9780732288099&db=CO


Keshi.

Shachi said...

@Shubhika - Thank you :) when are you coming over now?
@Keshi - Thank you gurl...do u have a backyard in ur new house?
And about Dr. O'brien - I will read his book for sure....I will read up on him this weekend.