My hubby and I are in the process of buying our first home together. We have closed the deal and will get the keys in a couple of weeks.
As you can imagine, I am sooper kicked :) It's an exciting phase of our lives....
I have so many things to look forward to in this NEW house - I will have a GAS cooking range for the FIRST time in my life in US. I've only had ELECTRIC cooking ranges so far in ALL the apartments I have lived.
The rest of the kitchen is also sooper nice - granite counter top, beech cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
We have a decent size lawn in our backyard, and I plan to put a swing out there.
I look forward to doing some gardening, now that I will have my own garden. We already have few plants including rose plants out there....we will add some more.
The house has 4 bedrooms, and I am planning to use one bedroom to make my home office. That's one thing I've always missed - having a desk with an LCD monitor and a comfortable recliner office chair in my house....mainly due to lack of space. No such constraint any more :)
I'm also dreaming of reading a book while sipping coffee by our fireplace.
I could go on and on and on......
Hope this house brings us good luck and a good future ahead :)
Here are a few pictures of the house....Enjoy!


24 comments:
cool house.. and congrats to both of you
Hi
First time on your blog... Congratulations and good wishes for your new house... its so beautiful... it is so much of pleasure to own your first house... :)
thats a lovely house! congratulations :)
may you have many happy years with your family in it :)
LOL ... coffee!! It's about time for you to experience your own home.
@Mad Blogger - thank you ;)
@Jaanvi - thanks for dropping by :)
@Lena - Thank you so much.
@Andy - I miss coffee!
I wish u all good luck!!
ur new home is dashing WOW! :) I love it. And congratts new home-owner! :)
I've got some news to share too...will tell u all abt it soon ;-)
Keshi.
@Shubhika - Thank u gurl!
@Keshi - Alright :) Waiting to hear from ya...and where have u been? missing ur posts already :) Take care n hugz.
congrats, nice home:)))))))ov
Hey Congratssssssssss !!!
I know how much awesome you must be feeling to finally have a place of your own .... something you look forward to coming back in the evening after a tiring day's work lol ....
Wish u good luck with this new step !!!
Cheers
Lovely lovely!
Heart congrats to you both.
May your home be filled with the most important ingredients:
Love,
laughter,
Health,
Happiness,
Positive vibes,
Peace,
Calmness,
And most of all
time together!!
Warm wishes
Preeti
u can read my update now ;-)
Keshi.
@Zillionbig - Thank you :)
@Samkit - Yes it's a good feeling :) Looking forward to coming home tomorrow after work :)
@Preeti - Your words made my day!!!! I truly mean it. They are just what I needed after a stressful weekend.
@Keshi - I posted my comment on your blog :) Congratulations!!!!
hey tnxx Shachi!
I cudnt wait to tell u the news...cos when I read this post of ur's last week, I was thrilled for u as much as I was for myself!
yeyyy we both did it at the same time! I will keep this moment in my heart for a v long time to come. :)
u can unpack slowly...Im quite the opp tho..I unpack immediately and set up house overnight! Yes Im quite a hyper chick lol!
Enjoy ur new home! May God bless ur house with lots of love, bliss, health, peace and joy!
Keshi.
it looks awesome!! esp the backyard is super nice :)
@Nags- Thank you :)
btw Shachi, did u move in before the Settlement took place?
Keshi.
@Keshi - no we did not. We finished the entire loan and title process (it's called escrow period here in US) and once everything was approved and the house was actually on our name (before it was on the builder's name)....we got the keys and moved in soon after. When are you moving in?
o good to know that! :)
Here it's called the Settlement period and it takes abt 6 weeks to get it all done.
tnxx hun!
Keshi.
luvly house...congrats!
@Keshi - Do post the pics when you get a chance :)
@Prakhar - Thanks for stopping by :)
Congratulations Shachi!!
Its gorgeous!!!
Brett and I are hoping to go that route soon :)
@CG - Wonderful :) I think it's a good time to buy....
Post a Comment