December 18, 2008

What's on my Fridge?



This post is inspired by PS. Thank you :)

As you can see from the above picture, I love picking up magnets from various places I visit. I love travelling, and magnets are the most convenient souvenirs to buy - inexpensive and small enough to bring back home.

I love the Green magnet in the center of the above picture :) - it says,
The Happy 
Couple:
Mr. Right
&
Mrs. Always Right

There's another one on there which has the following quote By Abraham Lincoln:

"Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."

There are a lot of magnets from National Parks - I love the outdoors and have spent most of my long weekends in US visiting national parks like Yosemite, Yellowstone, Redwoods, Grand Canyon, Hawaii (Volcanoes, Haleakala, Waimea Canyon), Crater Lake, Shenandoah, Rocky Mountains, etc. doing hiking, camping, snow/water activities and much more. 

As PS has said, things on the fridge reflect who you are, bring back so many memories and lead to so many new conversations with guests. 

As I was writing this, I remembered my most memorable hike (18 mile round trip) to Half Dome at Yosemite. My friend and I started driving from Sacramento to Yosemite at 2am, reached at 6am, started our hike around 7am, and after a day long of adventures (I will blog about it in another post :)) got back home at 2 or 3am. What a day!!!!

Here's a picture of me at the TOP of Half Dome. 



Cheers!

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Love your header in the blog.(I think i already told u that once!)
Lovely collection of souniers on your fridge.
Hike pic is cool too!
Thanks for sharing
Cheers
Preeti

Niall young said...

WOW...now that's what I call an ordered fridge!!I can tell there are no children about!