October 8, 2026

A little date with Autumn ๐Ÿ‚

I came down with Covid over the weekend. 

This is my 4th time. I seem to get Covid once every year. Like clockwork. 

That meant spending all of Sunday in bed. That felt shitty. (Thank God NFL is back - Chiefs are 4-0 ๐Ÿ™Œ)

My symptoms were thankfully mild, but I hate the body aches & fatigue that tag along with each bout of infection ๐Ÿ˜ข

So yesterday I had a rare open day in between school dropoff & pickup - no scheduled appts, no meetings, nothing urgent lined up.

And on an impulse, I decided to drive up to the mountains to see the fall colors.

Aspen Meadow @ Hope Valley, near South Lake Tahoe. 

 







This was very soothing to my soul. 

After my drive through the gorgeous Aspen grove, I drove to the lake. 

What a treat to visit Tahoe on an October Wednesday morning!

We’re right between seasons. Summer has ended, and winter hasn’t begun. It’s not the weekend. And it’s in the middle of the day. 

There was one mom with her little infant at the beach, an elderly couple on the bench at the marina, and hardly anyone else. 

And the lake was quiet. 



Spectacular, as usual. The colors. The clarity. That vast expanse of blue surrounded by the Sierras. Soon the mountains will be covered in snow. 

Being here has such a calming effect on me.

I spent 30 mins reading a book and enjoying my lunch. 

And with my mind calm, heart content, and soul nourished - I drove back home. 

Before school ended. 

When my babies came home from school, Mum was already home ๐Ÿ  ❤️๐Ÿซ‚!!

No comments: